Hensel Phelps Construction
www.henselphelps.com Greeley, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Growth Opportunities Come With Sacrifices

Field Engineer (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hensel Phelps Construction

ProsLarge scale complex projects. Experienced senior staff who have generally climbed the ladder from the bottom themselves, which makes them a better balanced management team than at other companies. Employee owned. Opportunity to accrue a variety of experiences in both the office and the field. Young employees are given an unusual amount of control and autonomy to make choices that directly affect a project's outcome. Pay and benefits are comparable if not slightly higher than competing companies. The company invests a lot into training and development of employees.

ConsLong hours first and foremost, it makes work life balance difficult. Relocation is abrupt and expected, generally the company tries to relocate employees within their district, but in tougher economic times, relocation occurs countrywide, and even occasionally internationally depending on the active projects that require staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive staff should take another look on improving work-life balance by more effectively using technology and other tools available, many methods used at this company are "old school traditional" ways of looking at organization and process, HP has the capital to invest in new innovative software, this could benefit company productivity (and employee satisfaction) a lot, particularly in communication.

Great place to work

Area Superintendent (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at Hensel Phelps Construction

Pros: I have worked for several companies during my career and HP was the most supportive companies I have ever worked for. The benefits package is… Cons: Hours are long at times but there is a level of… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to hire aggressively even in this economy. You should replace those undeserving of their position… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Construction is a FULL time job

Office Engineer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Hensel Phelps Construction

Pros: Good money and long hours, make sure to form a… Cons: Long hours, family time is hard to come by. Advice to Senior Management: There is an opportunity for everyone. More

There are newer reviews on Hensel Phelps Construction.

Worked for Hensel Phelps Construction? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hensel Phelps Construction reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hensel Phelps Construction CEO Jeff Wenaas. All reviews posted anonymously by Hensel Phelps Construction employees.