Herb Chambers

www.herbchambers.com
  www.herbchambers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Herb Chambers

As long as you don't sell cars for Herb Chambers, you will love working here!

Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Herb Chambers

Pros

Great training and job advancement. If you can last longer then 3 months.

Cons

Not just true of the Herb Chambers Companies but every auto sales company, you will need to get over the fact that intelligence is not an asset. You will not get a head by working harder, only by self promotion and deception, if at all. They always dangle a corrot out in front of you which even if you do finally nab it, you find it is rotting.

Nothing can help management.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Herb Chambers (View Most Recent)

good at first

Former Employee - Sales in Auburn, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Auburn, MA

I worked at Herb Chambers

Pros

big on training and a lot of good on the job training
    close to home
    friendly coworkers (some not all)

Cons

cost of health insurance
    some (not all)management bullied staff which is the reason for low morale and dilike for job

its hard to make a living off the minis and after paying health ins and taxes. Current employees wont talk out of fear, however, some, not all, members of the management staff believe that insulting, threating and bullying staff is ok to do. This location does not seem to resemble the model Herb wants for his stores.

My experience at Herb Chambers is best described as glorified slavery.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seekonk, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seekonk, MA

I have been working at Herb Chambers

Pros

The benefits package is really the only thing I can think of that could be counted as a good point.

Cons

Politics are crazy there. It's all people helping their friends when they do a bad job, and the people that do what they're supposed to get the short end of the stick. No praise for a job well done, and God help you if you do something wrong.

My advice would be for them to worry less about how much they can screw their employees and more about how they can make their employees happy. Someone that's happy at their job is more efficient. Penny pinching and excuses are the truth behind the "above average compensation for all our employees" B.S. The only employees that are above average when it comes to compensation are the managers, and half of them don't know how to do their job correctly anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Herb Chambers