There are newer employer reviews for Hercules Offshore

i am able to manage better than some with today's economy.

Current Employee - Liftboat Captain
Current Employee - Liftboat Captain

I have been working at Hercules Offshore

Pros

I have been steadily working since I have been with Hercules which is much better than pople employed by other companies.There have been no lay-offs since the economy took a nose-dive!

Cons

Our wages have not increased since the cut-backs that we received a couple of years ago.Many of us cannot understand how they can justify keeping our wages down and at the same time buy other drilling companies.Drilling is not increasing as we would all like , so the drilling rigs are sitting idle not making money but are costing many dollars for up-keep and manning of some of the drilling rigs that are warm-stacked!

Advice to Management

Meet with the employees and discuss the pros and cons of the purchases and try to make us understand the justification in not increasing our wages while everything that we buy and purchase to support our families is costing more and more each day. The stress we all are having from this is counter-productive because it is difficult to do an excellent job with worrying distracting you from the job you are doing.This should be a matter for the employers to review.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great People

I worked at Hercules Offshore

Pros

Focus is in line with mission statement and everyone is very kind. Great management

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment

2. If you want to move up there's always room for someone who's ready to work.

I have been working at Hercules Offshore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a rotation schedule 14 days on and 14 days off so on your time off the quality of the time off is really nice if you don't mind being away for the other 14. Over half of the time you work is OT. If you want to make a little more just stay out on the rig a little longer. Good start to getting your foot in the door offshore.

Cons

If you don't like manual labor or working outdoors you won't like it. Lacking in training and development for rig personnel. No travel per diem so what you spend on driving out to the dock is out of pocket.

Advice to Management

Develop a better training and development program for employees, with a culture that clearly encourages a lot of advancement.