Heritage Auctions

www.ha.com

Working at Heritage catapulted me into a lifelong career

Professional Numismatist (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI worked at Heritage in different capacities of the rare coin deparment for three years. At the time, Heritage was a much smaller company. This provided me with a golden opportunity to work closely with management and gain invaluable insight into what makes the rare coin business tick.

I decided to leave Heritage strictly because I wanted to move back closer to family and see if I could make it work on my own. They made it easy to leave on great terms, and it's a decision we've all been happy about ever since. Now, more than 16 years later, we conduct millions in two-way business every year and I remain friends with many people at Heritage. Their upper management has remained unchanged and some of their best employess were there long before I even started in 1993. I even met my wife at Heritage!

Heritage began a period of massive growth starting around 2001. They embraced the internet in its early stages and invested in technology. That has paid off and has allowed them to broaden their scope dramatically. I visit their offices on a regular basis and it has been fun to witness their growth!

ConsI can't think of a single con about my employment at Heritage.

Churn and burn (depends highly on the department)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Heritage Auctions full-time for less than a year

Pros: Occasionally working with interesting items. Somewhat open to flex… Cons: Hostile work environment. Poor life/work balance. Nepotism. Productivity is the viewed as the amount of hours you put in alone. Extreme… Advice to Senior Management: Burn out isn't the only way to get productivity out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The best place I ahve ever worked

Public Relations Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Heritage Auctions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great people, amazing material, brilliant business model, knowledgeable and accessible executive… Cons: I really don't have anything bad to say. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Heritage Auctions.

Worked for Heritage Auctions? Contribute to the Community!