There are newer employer reviews for Heritage Auctions

Great growing company with a small company atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Heritage Auctions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Because of the many divisions of Heritage, there is an opportunity for growth & movement.
Some work schedules make it easier for employees to attend school.
Heritage promotes healthy living by offering incentives to join the gym & participate in Yoga, Zumba, or a Personal Trainer.
Because of this, health insurance premiums for employees are low as well as Dental & Vision insurance.

Cons

Because Heritage is an Auction house, there are many late nights & weekends, some even out of state. Its not necessarily bad, but for some this may not work with their family dynamics. This of course depends on your position with Heritage.
Heritage does not contribute to employee 401k, which is really the only CON I can think of.

The owners are fair in what they expect from their employees, as well as friendly & easy to speak with. Its nice to work for a company that the CEO can pop their head into your office anytime or make a joke while passing in the hallway.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Heritage Auctions (View Most Recent)

Working at Heritage catapulted me into a lifelong career

Former Employee - Professional Numismatist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Professional Numismatist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Heritage Auctions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Heritage in different capacities of the rare coin deparment for three years. At the time, Heritage was a much smaller company. This provided me with a golden opportunity to work closely with management and gain invaluable insight into what makes the rare coin business tick.

I decided to leave Heritage strictly because I wanted to move back closer to family and see if I could make it work on my own. They made it easy to leave on great terms, and it's a decision we've all been happy about ever since. Now, more than 16 years later, we conduct millions in two-way business every year and I remain friends with many people at Heritage. Their upper management has remained unchanged and some of their best employess were there long before I even started in 1993. I even met my wife at Heritage!

Heritage began a period of massive growth starting around 2001. They embraced the internet in its early stages and invested in technology. That has paid off and has allowed them to broaden their scope dramatically. I visit their offices on a regular basis and it has been fun to witness their growth!

Cons

I can't think of a single con about my employment at Heritage.

Churn and burn (depends highly on the department)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Heritage Auctions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Occasionally working with interesting items. Somewhat open to flex time.

Cons

Hostile work environment. Poor life/work balance. Nepotism. Productivity is the viewed as the amount of hours you put in alone. Extreme high volume is their business plan with complete disregard for you as a human resource. Low pay. No real benefits aside from health insurance.

Burn out isn't the only way to get productivity out of your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Heritage Auctions