Heritage Christian Services

www.heritagechristianservices.org
  www.heritagechristianservices.org
There are newer employer reviews for Heritage Christian Services

Review of my experience so far

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Penfield, NY
Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Penfield, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can have your pick of what to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Free food available in pantry.

Cons

It gets boring really fast. Everyday is the same. It feels more like babysitting than an actual job.

none

11 Other Employee Reviews for Heritage Christian Services (View Most Recent)

Good Company to work for, if you don't mind the low pay

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

- The unique Christian enviroment of the company. Due to the people receiving services being all christians, you accompany them to church, pray before meals, and can talk about God when people are sick or dying.
    -High Values of the company.
    -You get support from supervisors that care not only for the people that you support, but also for their coworkers.

Cons

-You have to do personal care, so you have to be able to change peoples diapers and stand the smell of urine (although you do get used to that for the most part). That is also a reason why some people only work here for a few days.
    - Some days are extremley stressful, because the disabled people that you work with can be stubborn, have behavior problems, can't communicate or are ill.
    -low pay considering what you have to do, but more than most other companies pay for the same job.

1.Have a seminar on how to confront coworkers about the little mistakes they make and how they can improve. Reason: I find we are very well trained on how to report abuse and serious things, but coworkers have a hard time communicating about the little things that borther them about their coworkers. For example when someone is a little lazy, forgets to do their chores, or is coming late to work.
    2. I work at Respite and since there is always a different mix of people here, some days are relatively easy (30%), most are quite demanding (50%), but the rest are down right mad (20%). While 80% of the time the people that are working can handle the work load with the staff that is there, sometimes it is just to much to do and we only seem to be able to do the minimum. Especially going on outings is rarly possible. So it would be great to hire someone that is working on-call, that we can call if things are getting crazy.

Very caring and loving work environment.

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This job has changed my life and made me strong.

Cons

Its not for everyone, but everyone should experience this type of work.

There are newer employer reviews for Heritage Christian Services