Worst job I have ever had

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Heritage College & Institute

Pros

The job can be rewarding by helping those in need of an education get enrolled.

Cons

Severe micromanagment. My boss would be pacing my office door at 8am everyday. I was told that if I wanted to use the restroom or get coffee, I need to come earlier. Admissions Coordinators are glorified telemarketers. This is the worst place to work. Management treats employees like incompetent children. The only reason they promote people is to keep them there, as the work is terrible and turnover is extemely high.

Get off your high horse.

Other Reviews for Heritage College & Institute

Everyone there is fun to work with.

Former Employee - Admissions Specialist  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Heritage College & Institute

Pros

Good benefits and good pay.

Cons

Their admissions process is shady and if you don't meet your sales numbers you won't get promoted. All the garbage talk they give you about how getting people to start class isn't the only thing that gets you promoted is crap; it's the deciding factor. You can do everything else great, but if that sucks then you're screwed.

Actually greet people that work at that campus when you come to visit instead of just talking to the school director. Make them know you appreciate the work that they do.

Strictly suitable for beginners

Former Employee - Representative  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Heritage College & Institute

Pros

If an individual wants to get their feet wet at an institute specializing in career education, this would be a good place to start in Southwest Florida, an area with very few career options within this career field.

Cons

Heritage Institute is not suitable for mid-career individuals, and they seek and cater primarily to individuals with little or no experience to avoid paying higher salaries.

Don't be afraid to utilize the advice provided by individuals who have worked for other schools; your way is not always the best way.

There are newer employer reviews for Heritage College & Institute.

Worked for Heritage College & Institute? Contribute to the Community!