Herman Miller

Strong Company With a Strong Legacy

Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee)
Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Herman Miller full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOne of very few companies that lives to be 100+ years old. Leadership that is agile, even when it comes to tough decisions. A centuries old institution that isn't afraid to reinvent itself.

ConsThe industry as a whole has suffered of late. Herman Miller has had to make some tough choices in order to stay in the game. Now, as business grows, departments find themselves short staffed and are finding management afraid to add necessary people.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen charting the course for the future, don't forget about our past, and what has made us great.

Thirty years with a great opportunity to learn, grow and lead.

Government Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Herman Miller

Pros: Personal respect, environmental sustainability, carreer growth, pro growth and open… Cons: Lack of a defined carreer develope program in sales. Advice to Senior Management: You need to sell employees better on the why you are making decisions and allow grace in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

working here is a postive experience with some very talented people.

Holland, MI

I have been working at Herman Miller

Pros: the people, many of whom are terrific to work with Cons: hard to be so lean Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Herman Miller.

Worked for Herman Miller? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Herman Miller reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Herman Miller CEO Brian C. Walker. All reviews posted anonymously by Herman Miller employees.