There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller

Loved working for Herman Miller

I worked at Herman Miller

Pros

They really care about their employees. I worked in the warehouse as a material handler and assembly line work, so not the most glorious positions, but when it would get hot out in the summer they made sure we got plenty of water and Gatorade. They would even give us an extra break. I also think the quality of the furniture we made was high. We were expected to work long and hard, but with a high standard of quality. I also appreciate their sustainable efforts. They recycle and reuse a lot. They are working to make sure nothing goes to a landfill. They also make their products the same way they run their plants, with green design in mind.

Cons

Assembly line work is very physical and exhausting, but that is typically true no matter where you work.

Listen more to the people on the line or in the warehouse. They often have good ideas about how to be more efficient, safe, or accurate. Often instead you let management change things around or get someone outside the line.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Herman Miller (View Most Recent)

Took job with great expectations. Left exhausted & disheartened. Not the organization depicted in business literature.

I worked at Herman Miller

Pros

Great people in field sales
    Creative design
    Innovation
    Healthcare portfolio growing
    Committed dealers
    Ability to purchase discounted Herman Miller furniture
    West Michigan is a nice place to vist
    Solid reputation in the industry

Cons

Cloistered executive leadership teams not serving the needs of field sales
    Unilateral decision making (left-brained) by executive leadership
    Inability to adapt to changes in market quickly
    Not price-competitive with many products being a response to competitive offerings rather than leading the way

Listen to your people instead of creating your own paradigms that you expect us to follow. Remember the words of the founding family and walk the talk. Inclusion and diversity are important guiding principles that I believe are getting lost to finance and control-based leadership styles.

Good brand, pretty self-absorbed

I worked at Herman Miller

Pros

Great design, dying industry (who needs an office?)

Cons

Too many people involved in decisions, slow progress

Listen

There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller

Worked for Herman Miller? Contribute to the Community!