Herman Miller
www.hermanmiller.com Zeeland, MI 5000+ Employees

Loved working for Herman Miller

I worked at Herman Miller

ProsThey really care about their employees. I worked in the warehouse as a material handler and assembly line work, so not the most glorious positions, but when it would get hot out in the summer they made sure we got plenty of water and Gatorade. They would even give us an extra break. I also think the quality of the furniture we made was high. We were expected to work long and hard, but with a high standard of quality. I also appreciate their sustainable efforts. They recycle and reuse a lot. They are working to make sure nothing goes to a landfill. They also make their products the same way they run their plants, with green design in mind.

ConsAssembly line work is very physical and exhausting, but that is typically true no matter where you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the people on the line or in the warehouse. They often have good ideas about how to be more efficient, safe, or accurate. Often instead you let management change things around or get someone outside the line.

Took job with great expectations. Left exhausted & disheartened. Not the organization depicted in business literature.

I worked at Herman Miller

Pros: Great people in field sales Creative design Innovation Healthcare portfolio growing Committed dealers Ability to purchase discounted… Cons: Cloistered executive leadership teams not serving the needs of field sales Unilateral decision making (left-brained) by executive leadership Inability to adapt… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people instead of creating your own paradigms that you expect us to follow. Remember the words of the founding family… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good brand, pretty self-absorbed

I worked at Herman Miller

Pros: Great design, dying industry (who needs an office?) Cons: Too many people involved in decisions, slow progress Advice to Senior Management: Listen Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Herman Miller.

Worked for Herman Miller? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Herman Miller reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Herman Miller CEO Brian C. Walker. All reviews posted anonymously by Herman Miller employees.