Herman Miller
www.hermanmiller.com Zeeland, MI 5000+ Employees

Just not the right industry for me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Herman Miller

ProsVery reputable company. People are treated with respect, and dignity. The present times that we are looking at leads to a great sense of teamwork and pride in the job well done. When the economy turns around We as a company will be in great financial shape and still have that sense of pride and determination to satisfy our customers with whatever it takes.
Its always nice being employed by the 800 lb gorilla in the room. People recognize Herman Miller and give the company the respect it deserves. Also just by being a Herman Miller Rep you can attract business.

ConsMore overtime than you know what to do with, management doesn't like to give credit where credit is due.
If you have an idea that achieves a particular goal, management treats you like its part of the job and most of the time a thank you is not even considered. Career advancement is an actual problem because Middle Management gets good people in the positions that they want them in and you kinda get "stuck".
Communications are on a once a month basis With Middle management , and once a quarter with someone in a Senior management position. These comunications relate to little more than Management speak for "we are in good shape".

Advice to Senior ManagementWell done....i have no hard feelings it just wasnt the job for me.

Once of the best companies I have ever worked for.

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Zeeland, MI

I worked at Herman Miller full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: You are not a number there. Large company with a strong family feel. Opportunity… Cons: Layoffs are frequent due to fluctuation in the market. Advice to Senior Management: Anything to stabilize job security. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Employee friendly company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Zeeland, MI

I worked at Herman Miller full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible hours, work/life balance is a real value. Cons: Industry can be unstable in down market. Advice to Senior Management: Try to better identify and reward top talent from the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Herman Miller.

Worked for Herman Miller? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Herman Miller reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Herman Miller CEO Brian C. Walker. All reviews posted anonymously by Herman Miller employees.