There are newer employer reviews for Herman Miller

Decent company with good quality products

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Zeeland, MI
Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Herman Miller full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, but both could be better. Clean work environment and friendly employees make it a pleasant place to work.

Cons

Favortism, and selective promotion or work assignments are normal and more often than not, shown or given to the younger employees with much less time with the company. Women and minorities seem to fare better when it comes to advancements. Perhaps this is to meet some sort of quota or to be better positioned for some award or future sales contract. Bottom line is, seniority counts for very little if anything at all. Come to work, do as you're told, go home. If you have an opinion or idea on how to do something better then thats fine, but you are already where we want/need you type of attitude. Work team leaders often, openly favor others without challenge.

Advice to Management

Look seriously at your long term employees and ask yourself, if perhaps they have already earned the right to more consideration and advancement opportunities. After all, it is those same employees that dedicated many years to Herman Miller and helped make it what it is today. A machine.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Herman Miller is a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Security Officer I in Zeeland, MI
    Current Employee - Security Officer I in Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Herman Miller part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

education reimbursement development opportunities great benefits genuine people employee assistance raises AND bonuses benefits and payroll department on site opportunites to lower the cost of healthcare returning employees re-gain benefits they had previously

Cons

HMI is a large international corporation. Sometimes that does inhibit what they can do for their employees.

Advice to Management

Herman Miller is a wonderful place to work! My only advice would be to keep it up. I am proud to work for such an awesome company.

2. Nice place to work, but need to be loyal to long term employee's.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

I have been working at Herman Miller full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good working atmosphere, good green company

Cons

Release to many long term employee's with benefits, for younger and less benefits.