Herman Miller
www.hermanmiller.com Zeeland, MI 5000+ Employees

Herman Miller is still a great place to work

Regional Sales Director (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsThey truly value people and are one the the classiest organizations I have ever worked for. They manufacture very high quality, however the furniture industry has unfortunately become extremely "commoditized".

ConsThey are going through a very difficult transition period trying to figure out where to go and what to do next. They are very "bean counter" driven at this point with not a single executive with a sales background and they are unfortunately losing their identity.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet sales leader on the Executive Leadership team. You are about to have a major brain drain - especially with your very disgruntled Strategic Account Management Team.

Herman Miller

Production Planner (Current Employee)
    Spring Lake, MI

I have been working at Herman Miller

Pros: good pay exceptional corporate culture environmentally conscience Cons: discriminates on age mandatory overtime poor management Advice to Senior Management: treat older employees fair when downsizing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Well Managed Company... but well led? Need more enthusiasm!

Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Herman Miller

Pros: Work/Life balance, competency of most co-workers, and overall reputation. Great… Cons: political like any large company, not always inspiring - especially in current recession. calvinistic… Advice to Senior Management: encourage pride and enthusiasm, not just nose to the grindstone. the recession has been tough, but it's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Herman Miller.

Worked for Herman Miller? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Herman Miller reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Herman Miller CEO Brian C. Walker. All reviews posted anonymously by Herman Miller employees.