There are newer employer reviews for Hersha Hospitality

Area Director of Revenue Management

Former Employee - Area Director of Revenue Management  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Area Director of Revenue Management in New York, NY

I worked at Hersha Hospitality full-time for more than a year

Pros

best reasons to work here...none

Cons

Corporate office is unorganized and does not know anything about managing people much less hotels. They are a law suit waiting to happen. Never have I seen managers act in such a manner that is despairingly illegal. HR and VP's are a joke! This company is the worst I have ever seen or been anywhere near! I would not let my worst enemy work here! The managers at their hotels are hostile and demeaning to their employees as well as people in the corporate office. The VP's in the Philadelphia office are also demeaning to the employees. There is no communication, no morale report with the managers. This is a sweat shop for hotel workers. The door is constantly revolving!

This company needs to get real managers. People who know how to actually manage others and keep morale up. They need to learn how to be a real company! Buying dozens of hotels doesn't make you a good company, it is the employees that you have who stay- no one stays here...says a lot about the company!

19 Other Employee Reviews for Hersha Hospitality (View Most Recent)

I worked here for one year and left. Do not recommend this company

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Hersha Hospitality full-time for more than a year

Pros

There dont seem to be too many. I guess the regional team that I worked with was nice although they all seemed to be a bit over their heads in the skills they have and the skills they need.

Cons

This company is very "clicky" in that there are two groups. Either you're a long timer and are one of the "boys club" and everyone else. All of the people I talked to in the company tell me how hard it is to break into this click so many people leave after just a year like I did.

You should employ a feedback mechanism to get the employee's feedback. Then, you should be humble enough to hear us and react to the feedback.

Great people, but the work can get redundant

Former Employee - Revenue Management Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Revenue Management Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Hersha Hospitality as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Open door policy
    -Great corporate culture
    -Directors are always willing to help

Cons

-Work can get dull and redundant

There are newer employer reviews for Hersha Hospitality

Worked for Hersha Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!