There are newer employer reviews for Hersha Hospitality

Worse Company to work for

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cant think of anything nice to put here.

Cons

I work at a hotel manage by Hersha. All i can say is Hersha is cheap. Its all business. There is no incentive for the employees here. I use to love my job until i came to this company. Its very sad to say that. Some of the workers here work over 8 hours and no break, this isnt a sweatshop but they treated us as such.

Advice to Management

They way the property managers are treating your hotel is showing everyone who work here that corporate doesnt really care about the employees. Maybe instead of looking at the numbers ( which you probably well never do) Look at the qualities of your employees, anyways because of them is that you make any money at all.

reviews filtered by

Poor management

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality

Pros

The other employees are generally nice to work with.

Cons

The hotel I worked for is poorly managed. Every employee hates it there. There are never enough supplies. Things simply always go wrong.

Advice to Management

Organization.

Area Director of Revenue Management

Former Employee - Area Director of Revenue Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Area Director of Revenue Management in New York, NY

I worked at Hersha Hospitality full-time (more than a year)

Pros

best reasons to work here...none

Cons

Corporate office is unorganized and does not know anything about managing people much less hotels. They are a law suit waiting to happen. Never have I seen managers act in such a manner that is despairingly illegal. HR and VP's are a joke! This company is the worst I have ever seen or been anywhere near! I would not let my worst enemy work here! The managers at their hotels are hostile and demeaning to their employees as well as people in the corporate office. The VP's in the Philadelphia office are also demeaning to the employees. There is no communication, no morale report with the managers. This is a sweat shop for hotel workers. The door is constantly revolving!

Advice to Management

This company needs to get real managers. People who know how to actually manage others and keep morale up. They need to learn how to be a real company! Buying dozens of hotels doesn't make you a good company, it is the employees that you have who stay- no one stays here...says a lot about the company!

There are newer employer reviews for Hersha Hospitality