Hersha Hospitality

Poorly Staffed and Managed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Hersha Hospitality full-time

Pros

There is a lot of room for advancement (positions, not so much with pay), the company is growing fast and you can get valuable industry experience here.

Cons

You will probably have to learn most things on your own, there is no structured training. The company is very unorganized from the top down. You will have to do the work of many, in most positions, since they don't budget for enough staff to properly run their business. Standards and wages are low (but demands are high) so many of the people you work with will be under-qualified. Most of the qualified employees are overworked and burned out since the company seems to have no real value on them.

Provide formal training and increase budget for staffing so you can have enough staff to support your needs and pay enough to hire people who are qualified.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Hersha Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Worse Company to work for

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cant think of anything nice to put here.

Cons

I work at a hotel manage by Hersha. All i can say is Hersha is cheap. Its all business. There is no incentive for the employees here. I use to love my job until i came to this company. Its very sad to say that. Some of the workers here work over 8 hours and no break, this isnt a sweatshop but they treated us as such.

They way the property managers are treating your hotel is showing everyone who work here that corporate doesnt really care about the employees. Maybe instead of looking at the numbers ( which you probably well never do) Look at the qualities of your employees, anyways because of them is that you make any money at all.

Poor management

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality

Pros

The other employees are generally nice to work with.

Cons

The hotel I worked for is poorly managed. Every employee hates it there. There are never enough supplies. Things simply always go wrong.

Organization.