Hersha Hospitality

www.hersha.com

exciting ideas but not enough follow through from owners and leaders. lacking reinvestment and disingenuous.

Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsThe leaders are excellent at "talking the talk." They know how to excite a room and convince an audience of their promises. They can generate excitement.

ConsThey have a hard time delivering on their promises. They fail to back up their pitches with action. They manage their hotels from a place of fear. The proper supports do not exist, as the support team is young and inexperienced. The leader are all men (or close to men) and the support seem to be pretty young things; more of a dating pool. A "boys club" that bows down to the owners.

There is a lot of talk about work life balance, but they work employees to death and then push them out.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closely at your regional and vp team. They are all covering each others' messes up. The revenue management and sales teams are not generating the revenue they could. And your operations teams are kept preoccupied acting as secretaries for the vps. Everyone is more concerned with giving the right answers. The love of hospitality is lost.

Listen to your own speeches.

Poorly Staffed and Managed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Hersha Hospitality full-time

Pros: There is a lot of room for advancement (positions, not so much with… Cons: You will probably have to learn most things on your own, there is no structured training. The company is very unorganized from the top down.… Advice to Senior Management: Provide formal training and increase budget for staffing so you can have enough… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worse Company to work for

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I cant think of anything nice to put here. Cons: I work at a hotel manage by Hersha. All i can say is Hersha is cheap. Its all business. There is no incentive for the… Advice to Senior Management: They way the property managers are treating your hotel is showing everyone who work here that corporate doesnt really care about the employees. Maybe instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hersha Hospitality.

Worked for Hersha Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!