Hersha Hospitality

www.hersha.com
  www.hersha.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hersha Hospitality

Decent company, I've enjoyed my time.

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality

Pros

They promote from within and the opportunity for growth is definitely there. They do a great job of making you aware of opportunities as well.

Cons

Wish there were more hotels in their portfolio. There are none in a lot of major cities I would have been interested in moving to. They don't have very many high end or full service hotels either. May be property specific but they do not do very much in the way of employee appreciation or give back to the staff in any way.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Hersha Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Don't Waste Your Time with this Company!

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality

Pros

Great place for a recent college grad to gain experience.... think of it as an extended internship. When you're ready, start looking for a better company that will treat you right.

Cons

Extremely high turnover at all levels and areas of the company:
    -The benefits are minimal or non-existent. (i.e. you get to use your vacation time when you're sick....lol!)
    - The pay is very low with no hope of a raise or rewards for hard work.
    -Lack of respect and/or appreciation for employees at all levels.
    -Low level of professionalism
    -It's a Top-Down culture.... don't expect any respect if you're not high level management
    -Bad leadership...... I wouldn't want my kids to work there..

I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more reviews on this site.... but not surprised that just about all of them are negative!

You really need to think about changing the culture to one which appreciates what people do and treats them like human beings. If you continue to run the company like a labor camp..then you'll keep losing all of your good employees.

And stop being sooooo greeeedy! Why are most of your employees making just above the federal minimum wage?!?!?!? Meanwhile you guys are living the life.... you would be banking a lot more money if you invested in the people that actually do the work down to the property staff!!

the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I worked at Hersha Hospitality

Pros

Great people, great room to grow in your field. Typically an IT position is very centered towards a well defined set of responsibilities and goals, at Hersha the job responsibilities can vary depending on experience and willingness to take on more. Overall - the short time that I spent in their IT department was rewarding with an expansion on multiple knowledge areas.

Cons

Management seems to not know what is going on - ever. While working there I was apart of multiple projects that had seemed to come down to the wire. While working with leadership, it seemed as if they would assign project end dates and tasks with no formal (or any) knowledge of the scope of projects. Many of the times leadership will announce projects late when they remember or find them on their desks weeks after the 'start' of a project. Overall - Management makes it difficult to complete anything.

Advice to Management would be to stop micromanaging small tasks that do not have any impact on the organization, and start focusing on building a stronger leadership skills. Set boundaries for upper level management to focus on their jobs and not basic tasks. Lastly, management needs to stop taking lavish corporate trips when they say that the company is financially cutting back.

There are newer employer reviews for Hersha Hospitality