Hershey Entertainment
www.hersheypark.com Hershey, PA 5000+ Employees

Front Desk Agent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hershey Entertainment

ProsThe Front Office staff were extremely welcoming to me as a new hire. I quickly trained with other agents and learned by doing versus a classroom style training seminar. I have worked at other front desks so for me training was simple, however I can see how learning the computer systems might be challenging for others who did not posses previous experience.

ConsI had a few issues while working for the Front Desk at the Hotel Hershey. The first was my wage. The wages are very low. I understood it was an entry level postion but even then it didn't seem warrented. You recieve merrit based wage increases once a year but they are too small to make much of a difference in your yearly income.

Another issue I had were the inconsistant hours. Through out the course of one week my start time could be any where from 6:30am until 2:45pm. It made it very challenging to get into any kind of pattern. I did notice however that certain employees based on their senority got their choice of hours which I found really frustrating.

The last issue I had with during this position has little to do with the position but more with the hotel in general. This property has a lot of unionized workers who I feel don't pull their weight because they are protected by the union. During my employement I often saw union employees skate by or not be repromanded for their behavior because management feared the union. Some of these employees have been with the property over 20 years even if their job performance is weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that you should definately increase the wage of the Front Desk Agents because they are the face of the hotel. Any problem that arises the guests immediately go to the front desk even if it doesn't involve them. The amount of work the agents put in should be reflected in their wages more appropiately.

I feel management needs to deal more effectively with their unionized work force. They are often protected and their bad behavior or poor work performance is over-looked.

Some good perks with poor leadership and little pay

I have been working at Hershey Entertainment part-time

Pros: concerts, discounts, candy, sometimes fun Cons: bad attitudes, poor managers, low pay No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Valuable experience, but I would never do it again because it is stressful

Food and Beverage Personnel and Scheduling (Current Employee)
Hershey, PA

I have been working at Hershey Entertainment as an intern for less than a year

Pros: -Ability to work a lot of hours and earn decent money -Pay… Cons: -Unorganized and poor working environment -Unprofessional at times -Management doesn't trust… Advice to Senior Management: -Evaluate the pay of seasonal employees. Milton Hershey would not have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hershey Entertainment.

Worked for Hershey Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hershey Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hershey Entertainment CEO Ted Kleisner. All reviews posted anonymously by Hershey Entertainment employees.