Hershey Entertainment

www.hersheypark.com
  www.hersheypark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment

The best summer part time job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Ride Group Area Supervisor in Hershey, PA
Former Employee - Ride Group Area Supervisor in Hershey, PA

I worked at Hershey Entertainment part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They are great with giving you a lot of hours, fantastic people to work with, and extremely competitive compensation for part time work.

Cons

Can be stressful at times with hour requirements and handling employee/guest conflicts.

Keep up the great work!

41 Other Employee Reviews for Hershey Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Front Desk Agent

I worked at Hershey Entertainment

Pros

The Front Office staff were extremely welcoming to me as a new hire. I quickly trained with other agents and learned by doing versus a classroom style training seminar. I have worked at other front desks so for me training was simple, however I can see how learning the computer systems might be challenging for others who did not posses previous experience.

Cons

I had a few issues while working for the Front Desk at the Hotel Hershey. The first was my wage. The wages are very low. I understood it was an entry level postion but even then it didn't seem warrented. You recieve merrit based wage increases once a year but they are too small to make much of a difference in your yearly income.

Another issue I had were the inconsistant hours. Through out the course of one week my start time could be any where from 6:30am until 2:45pm. It made it very challenging to get into any kind of pattern. I did notice however that certain employees based on their senority got their choice of hours which I found really frustrating.

The last issue I had with during this position has little to do with the position but more with the hotel in general. This property has a lot of unionized workers who I feel don't pull their weight because they are protected by the union. During my employement I often saw union employees skate by or not be repromanded for their behavior because management feared the union. Some of these employees have been with the property over 20 years even if their job performance is weak.

I feel that you should definately increase the wage of the Front Desk Agents because they are the face of the hotel. Any problem that arises the guests immediately go to the front desk even if it doesn't involve them. The amount of work the agents put in should be reflected in their wages more appropiately.

I feel management needs to deal more effectively with their unionized work force. They are often protected and their bad behavior or poor work performance is over-looked.

Some good perks with poor leadership and little pay

I have been working at Hershey Entertainment part-time

Pros

concerts, discounts, candy, sometimes fun

Cons

bad attitudes, poor managers, low pay

There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment