Hershey Entertainment

www.hersheypark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment

Come to HE&R if you want to work for politicians

I worked at Hershey Entertainment

Pros

Free admission to the Park and other attractions

Cons

Senior management has done away with most employee perks, while the Trust company continues to line the pockets of republican buddies.
The director level of managers only come to work to play the political game, manipulate people, and preserve themselves. Certain dept directors will stab you in the back at any chance they get to further their own agenda.

You need to focus on REAL content and stop focusing 99% of your energy on politics and image. If you focus on the fundamentals and real people, the rest will come. I doubt Milton Hershey envisioned his organization becoming what Hershey has become - a lot of fake, ingenuine people at the management level.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Hershey Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Valuable experience, but I would never do it again because it is stressful

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Personnel and Scheduling in Hershey, PA
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Personnel and Scheduling in Hershey, PA

I have been working at Hershey Entertainment as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Ability to work a lot of hours and earn decent money
    -Pay was decent
    -Able to gain valuable interpersonal skills and conflict management experience

Cons

-Unorganized and poor working environment
    -Unprofessional at times
    -Management doesn't trust lower employees
    -Poor work/life balance

-Evaluate the pay of seasonal employees. Milton Hershey would not have approved.
    -Perform an internal review to see how scheduling can be improved

Internship with plenty of independence

Former Employee - Corporate Internal Audit in Hershey, PA
    Former Employee - Corporate Internal Audit in Hershey, PA

I worked at Hershey Entertainment as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of independence, I was able to work from home. I was able to access the materials I needed to create the end product.

Cons

Very little guidance, the supervisor left the company in the middle of the project and I was unable to get a lot of assistance. I didn't feel like I was learning from a mentor, received very little feed back. I worked with some really nice people.

Be sure to follow through with your interns with feedback. Supervisors should approve a project management timeline and stick to it. Feed back at the different phases. Also, if you are going to provide a written recommendation, follow through with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment