There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment

Sweet place to work depending on where at in the company you are

Former Employee - Worked At the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA
Former Employee - Worked At the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA

Pros

GREAT discounts! Such as getting into the park for free, discounts at pretty much anything HERCO related (hotel spa, hotel rooms, dining, entertainment). I even received free concert tickets for showing my ID once. You also get to meet some great people that work and stay there. Hard work is usually recognized once management begins to notice you after a little while.

Cons

In the summer it gets really hectic, especially with little kids running around everywhere. And after the summer, they don't always guarantee you the hours you might want or shifts you can't work (why I stopped working there... they repeatedly scheduled me when they knew I had classes and then told me I had to find someone to work for me and it was my problem)

Advice to Management

I don't know?

Other Employee Reviews for Hershey Entertainment

1. Don't get in trouble.

Pros

You meet good friends, free admission to the park and some other parks in he region.

Cons

If you get into trouble, they don't listen to your side of the story, you just get punished and thats the end of it. That sucks and they need to cut that out!!!!!

2. Better than other options for high school students, but still far from being rewarding.

Pros

There's not much to say about the more or less boilerplate jobs most people take on here. They do pay more than most companies employing high school students though. The actual work is less repetitive than similar jobs, although that's not saying much.

Cons

The scheduling is inflexible, there is zero chance to get an increased salary unless you stay on for multiple years. Also, while it's less repetitive than other unskilled positions, it's still highly repetitious.

Advice to Management

Honestly, the place is fairly well run. The market is exceptionally favorable to companies hiring unskilled laborers right now, so I'd probably recommend that they reduce salaries and fire employees, although I feel business advice is outside of the domain this question is addressing.