Hershey Entertainment

www.hersheypark.com
  www.hersheypark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment

Sweet place to work depending on where at in the company you are

Former Employee - Worked At the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA
Former Employee - Worked At the Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA

I worked at Hershey Entertainment

Pros

GREAT discounts! Such as getting into the park for free, discounts at pretty much anything HERCO related (hotel spa, hotel rooms, dining, entertainment). I even received free concert tickets for showing my ID once. You also get to meet some great people that work and stay there. Hard work is usually recognized once management begins to notice you after a little while.

Cons

In the summer it gets really hectic, especially with little kids running around everywhere. And after the summer, they don't always guarantee you the hours you might want or shifts you can't work (why I stopped working there... they repeatedly scheduled me when they knew I had classes and then told me I had to find someone to work for me and it was my problem)

I don't know?

39 Other Employee Reviews for Hershey Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Better than other options for high school students, but still far from being rewarding.

I worked at Hershey Entertainment

Pros

There's not much to say about the more or less boilerplate jobs most people take on here. They do pay more than most companies employing high school students though. The actual work is less repetitive than similar jobs, although that's not saying much.

Cons

The scheduling is inflexible, there is zero chance to get an increased salary unless you stay on for multiple years. Also, while it's less repetitive than other unskilled positions, it's still highly repetitious.

Honestly, the place is fairly well run. The market is exceptionally favorable to companies hiring unskilled laborers right now, so I'd probably recommend that they reduce salaries and fire employees, although I feel business advice is outside of the domain this question is addressing.

In operations, you work a lot of hours.

I have been working at Hershey Entertainment

Pros

The people you work with are fun to be around
    It is a fun atmosphere
    Wide variety of events on the complex year round, keeps it from being boring and repetitive

Cons

Pay is lower than comparable jobs with other companies in the area
    In operations you work a lot of hours
    Some of the poor managers are not let go but instead passed around to another department

Get rid of the weak managers in your various departments. Don't keep passing them around to departments when they don't work out in one area. It will help your management team greatly!

There are newer employer reviews for Hershey Entertainment