There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Good job for okay pay

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

free company car
free gas and car insurance

Cons

You make the company lots of money compared to what you are paid.
There isn't a path for career advancement, you only work for 2.5% more base a yr which is what inflation is.

pay more competitively and give a path for advancement

reviews filtered by

Good Entry Level Job out of college, but not worth wasting more than a two years at

Current Employee - HLE Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - HLE Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

If you work hard you will make it Branch Manager fairly quickly, but beyond that you better be willing to wait and/or move to another part of the country.

Cons

Rediculous Inside Sales Goals. In the last year they have started writing up and firing employees for not attaining minimum sales goals. Keep in mind if you reached this goals three years ago you would have received great praise from upper management as well as extra (good amount I might add) commission. Furthermore, you work your butt off to please customers that don't seem to really care. It would be much easier to service customers if we had adequate staffing levels. We are always short handed. This leads to no one being in our office 30% of the time because we need everyone to transport or clean cars to keep up with our rental demand. I remember one day in which no one was in the office 8 out of the 10 1/2 hours we were open. Upper management does not care about your opinion at all. One example: we tell them that we need an hour or two advance online booking lead time so we can make sure we have a car ready for customers and they just say we need every reservation. In theory that is great, but when it comes to actually being the one to run a location it leads to numerous times when we either don't have car and have to tell the customer "sorry, we don't have cars" or they have to wait. This leads to bad customer service, that gets blamed on you and you alone, not the company as it should be.

Also, if you gain an account it is only bittersweet because he know that you will have to try and figure out how to sell rental insurance to them or risk getting fired. Keep in mind that in the great State of Minnesota (and thanks to legislation from former Gov. Jesse "the body" Ventura) that if you have just liability coverage on your rental policy the insurance will actually provide not only liability coverage for the rental vehicle, but also damage to the rental vehicle rented whether it is your fault or not. There is also no deductible because all damage to the rental vehicle will be covered through the liability portion of your insurance.

Listen to your hard working employees. Let them tell you of all their frustration of the company and not to hold anything back. Then act and change the ligitament issues that come up or tell the employees exactly why you can't change it. Don't just tell them "you will look into it" because you won't look into it. You will just tell the employees what they want to hear.

2. busy and a very stressfull place to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

you can get discounts on car rental and vacations paid as much as 4 week, depends on the time you been working with the company

Cons

Hours, Many rules to follow up, stressfull enviroment, very strict. You have to work mandatory overtime on busy times and low call on down time

Managers need to be more flexible with employees, they need to give more consideration to the people that represent the company specially in direct contact with customers

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz