There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

It is just alright

Current Employee - Analyst in Park Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Analyst in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

-Friendly people, for the most part
-37.5 hours
-Work is challenging, occasionally

Cons

-Cliques....not everyone is openly friendly to everyone.
-Can be boring sometimes
-Pay is just average

Stop being in cliques. take time to know your people under you. And create more events/opportunites for inter-team socialization.

reviews filtered by
  1. GREAT!

Current Employee - Lot Attendant in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Lot Attendant in DFW, TX

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

good management, good staff, very easy

Cons

had to work in any time of weather even snow!

if you are a hard worker you can advance anywhere

2. An addicting work environment that puts you in touch with many different people

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

+ For some who has a passion for cars, this is like being a kid locked in a candy store
    + Opportunity to grow within the company is great if you can produce
    + Move to another state? Hertz allows you to move with them so you don't have to hunt for another job and go throug the application/interviewing process
    + They promote from within, so you dont have to fear any outside applicants taking your promotion from you.
    + Meet with many different peole from working at hotels, private airports, dealerships, bodyshops etc.
    + Stegthen your experience utilizing Six Sigma training, inside/outside sales model and fleet management

Cons

- Hours worked can be a drag
    - For some HLE locations, we're open 7 days a week so staffing is always an issue
    - For a multi-billion dollar company, more efforts should be looked into remodeling some HLE locations
    - Much pressure is placed on inside sales
    - Many managers feel that their is a "glass ceiling" once you reach a BM position as there is a very low chance of moving to the next level without relocating.
    - Hertz seems to have a :"flavor of the week" whether its # of sales calls, hours worked, sales penetration, # of new accounts etc.

In my area, the information from upper management is passed down well down the ladder. Too many of our MTs are leaving, they are our future managers and area managers. We must make sure that they understand the things that we do. It is the position of ABMs and BMS to relay this information down, but it is imperative for them to feel that upper managers recognize their performance and ambition with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz