There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Best company in a bad industry.

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

While working for Hertz I was really given a lot of training which I truly believe will help me throughout the rest of my career. The benefits were good, the pay was alright, and the all of the people I worked with were very competent and friendly. There is room for promotion and assuming you meet your sales quota's and aren't completely stupid, they will recognize it and reward you accordingly.

Cons

This is a sales job though they try to mask it pretty well. If you do not meet your quota on additional sales revenue per day (SRPD) for 3 months consecutively you will be terminated. That would have been nice to know up front instead of 2 weeks after working for the company, but oh well.

Their is no work/life balance. You can expect to work 55+ hrs/week minimum needing to stay over at random. There were times my paychecks would have more overtime pay than regular pay. I would venture to say 75% of the Branch Manager's or Trainee's (and every title in-between) are very burnt out, and often seek other employment. This leads to an unbelievably accepted amount of turnover in employees every year, so don't expect to get too close to your co-worker you spend 12+hrs/day with.

As is the case with any rental car company, you run very low on cars. Fleet is expensive in this industry and obviously you want to pay for as little as possible for it. However you typically still accept all online reservations and business even though the cars aren't there which creates a lot of understandably upset customers.

Hertz is a good company and I do not regret my time working there at all. If I had to give one recommendation it would have to be that you need more staffing. A better work/life balance would create much less turnover in the very talented staff you have.

1685 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Steady Job

Former Employee - Station Manager  in  New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Station Manager in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You a get car and free gas.

Cons

No room for motivation no progress.

allow employees to move up in the company

Horrible Pay! Rent vehicles that need oil changes! Under staff

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can Drive many rental cars

Cons

Low wages, No staff, rent cars with holds on them because not enough cars for reservations, horrible management, constant lie to customers, was told by management if customer has a car for 3 days or less tell them dont have car, rent cars with safety holds, oil changes! long hours horrible pay!!!

Get more employees pay higher wadges dont LIE to customers!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!