Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Good place to work

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good people (for the most part), autonomous nature of the job lets you learn almost everything about the business.

Cons

Car situation, or lack there of at times, which admittedly has gotten a lot better recently.

Please try to care about the locations that are not directly under your management. Especially if you're a weekend manager and we ask for help.

1803 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Global outlook

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hertz has global outlook and treats all employees as one big worldwide family with an emphasis on the value of diversity. Even though I'm based in Europe I get to lead global projects, and work with colleagues from around the world. Everyone is friendly to work with and it is inspirational to work with people from many different cultures and backgrounds. Management does provide people with a lot of opportunities for learning and development.

Cons

I do not have any complaints.

Make sure your direct reports are communicating even more effectively with their teams.

Do not value employees

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

On site cafeteria
    On site gym
    Your managers are nice, but because of company policies, they are stuck in a box and cant really do anything to help you. They are pretty much only there to grade calls.

Cons

If you are in sales, be prepared to be hounded no matter if you're doing well or not.
    Management is basically following a script and set of rules that they cannot step out of, which makes them seem like they don't care.
    They expect you to be there, no matter what. That means, if there's baseball sized hail, a tornado, or the roads are covered in inches of ice, you have to be at work on time or you take a hit to your attendance. They NEVER close and they expect you to risk you life getting there.
    Don't go to billing, they have had 8 hours mandatory overtime a week for about a year now, because they don't want to hire the help they need.
    Turnover rate is ridiculous, out of a class of 30 people hired with me, after the first 90 days, there were only 2 of us left.

Stop micro-managing EVERYTHING!!! Your employees are miserable! Get rid of Fissora. You would make more money with happy employees, not people who don't care because you don't.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz