Hertz

www.hertz.com

Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!

Former Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of my coworkers were cool.

Cons

Overly reprimanding people or insignificant things; Promoting an atmosphere for coworkers to tell on each other.

Quit trying to catch employees doing things wrong and maybe they will feel better about working there and want to stay. I worked in the call center in OKC in 1994 and walked out after four or five months. I've since obtained a MBA and a high paying job, and I kept the promise I made to HR when I walked out the door: You lost an employee and a customer (meaning that I NEVER have rented a car from Hertz).

Other Reviews for Hertz

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The job itself is fairly easy

-Good discount on cars

-Working at the airport you meet some interesting people

Cons

-There is no work/life balance. You'll be scheduled for 40 hours off the bat, but then they'll tack on 4 extra hours to almost every day you're scheduled and force you to come in for 8 hours on your days off. I haven't had a day off in over a month and work 70+ hours every week.

-The sales goals are extremely unrealistic and are hit by 20% or less of employees on a monthly basis

-The managers are unforgiving when making the schedule and do not seem to care if you have any personal events going on

-Your job is constantly being threatened by the managers. Their idea of motivation is to let you know you'll be in the unemployment line if you don't step it up. There's no positive reinforcement to speak of, and you're never, EVER congratulated for doing a good job.

Stop being so hypocritical. It's not fair to give someone a hard time about their sales numbers when nobody ever has enough time to recharge their batteries because they're at work all the time. Also, try to act like you care about the employees instead of hanging them out to dry all the time. Lastly, there needs to be more balance in this company. All the managers give themselves nice cushy schedules and work all the regular employees down to the bone. A little more disparity would be great.

Working for Hertz was a huge disappointment. Was great once, but then Frissora's gang took over.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

On-site cafeteria...yep, that's about it.

Cons

Antiquated technology, ineffective and untrustworthy leadership, poor morale, mediocre salary.

Next time you decide to lay off your workers, you might not want to build three on-site employee gyms immediately afterward; its in poor taste.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!