Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

THIS IS JUST A JOB, NOTHING ELSE

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its a good job to have right out of college, but try not to get stuck here. Employee Benefits are good, especially for those who do not have their own insurance.

Cons

Where should I start? A majority of the customers are rude! The pay is low, Expect to work 50+ hours on a weekly basis, so if you do not want a social life, this job is perfect. Turnover is extremely high so you will always be working at a branch that is understaffed . The insurance replacements are the worst. . You have to clean cars wearing your work clothes, the hours are long, and picking up people can be very dangerous, especially for women. The company only cares about making money, you are taught how to deceive people.

Hire more people and actually care about your employees

1869 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

NO Management or Training

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learn Vital aspects of the rental car business

Cons

My first day I walked in and there was no manager. The guy that hired me quit two days before I started and no one bothered to tell me. I trained myself and then once I got through training and did the requirments they would not promote me and brought in some kid with no college degree to be my new manager.

Hire people with skills and education and promote them when they do a good job.

Great opportunities, performance based pay, a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Denton, TX

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bonuses are performance based and are very generous; at Branch Manager level, a free car, free gas, and free insurance are provided. Lots of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There is too much inefficiency; too many conference calls, too many emails, too much time wasted bringing cars in when needed.

Overall a good company to work for, eliminate some of the inefficiencies and it will be a great company to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz