NO Management or Training

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Associate Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn Vital aspects of the rental car business

Cons

My first day I walked in and there was no manager. The guy that hired me quit two days before I started and no one bothered to tell me. I trained myself and then once I got through training and did the requirments they would not promote me and brought in some kid with no college degree to be my new manager.

Advice to Management

Hire people with skills and education and promote them when they do a good job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

THIS IS JUST A JOB, NOTHING ELSE

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a good job to have right out of college, but try not to get stuck here. Employee Benefits are good, especially for those who do not have their own insurance.

Cons

Where should I start? A majority of the customers are rude! The pay is low, Expect to work 50+ hours on a weekly basis, so if you do not want a social life, this job is perfect. Turnover is extremely high so you will always be working at a branch that is understaffed . The insurance replacements are the worst. . You have to clean cars wearing your work clothes, the hours are long, and picking up people can be very dangerous, especially for women. The company only cares about making money, you are taught how to deceive people.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and actually care about your employees

Decent Job if there's nothing better

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy Work. Good people. Decent pay. Job perks at the level of Branch Manager and higher.

Cons

Long hours. Not enough pay with student loans. Illogical expectations of sales quotas, especially in certain markets. Unavailability of vehicles.

Advice to Management

Don't set expectations for sales for people who are renting cars through insurance replacement plans and have no plan on spending money out of pocket. If you're making people work 10.5-11+ hours per day, pay them better, or lower expectations. For example, how are we supposed to upsell people into more expensive vehicles when we do not have any vehicles other than the ones that are being held for the reservations. I understand having utilization goals but having to turn away customers because we don't have cars is a) bad for NPS as well as SRPD and b) bad for business. I'd only recommend this company to people who have nothing else going for them and have no other skills.