There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Absolutely the worst place to work if you have previous professional job experience.

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Don't have to spend all day in an office Meeting different people to network for a new job

Cons

shared fleet, busy locations get their cars taken away and are forced to scramble to get cars or cancel reservations terrible work atmosphere customers are incredibly rude the training is an ancient slideshow low pay customers can leave bad comments for no reason which effects the areas bonus have to rent cars that smell like marijuana

Advice to Management

hire some motivating managers, people that can teach and lead a team.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

Decent Job if there's nothing better

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy Work. Good people. Decent pay. Job perks at the level of Branch Manager and higher.

Cons

Long hours. Not enough pay with student loans. Illogical expectations of sales quotas, especially in certain markets. Unavailability of vehicles.

Advice to Management

Don't set expectations for sales for people who are renting cars through insurance replacement plans and have no plan on spending money out of pocket. If you're making people work 10.5-11+ hours per day, pay them better, or lower expectations. For example, how are we supposed to upsell people into more expensive vehicles when we do not have any vehicles other than the ones that are being held for the reservations. I understand having utilization goals but having to turn away customers because we don't have cars is a) bad for NPS as well as SRPD and b) bad for business. I'd only recommend this company to people who have nothing else going for them and have no other skills.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Process driven Compensated by performance Company Car Outstanding communications Career opportunities Industry Leader

Cons

In today's buinsess macro, the Hertz Corp is top notch in communicating our mission and objectives. Although some may feel the actions taken to remain profitable are extreme, it is necessary for the future of our company. I can not put a negative conatation on a correct business decision (must). Great job!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Company transperency is critical. Thanks for being transparent>