There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

I'd rather be waterboarded. Worst place ever.

Current Employee - "MANAGEMENT" Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - "MANAGEMENT" Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck (albeit a tiny one) every week. I'm only writing this because I honestly can't think of ANYTHING ELSE.

Cons

Absolutely terrible work conditions. The ceiling in every hertz office building is literally falling apart, including in their corporate offices near major airports.
Everyone who works here hates it so the atmosphere is horrifiengly grim, especially when coupled with irate customers who insist that you bow to their every wish (except for a very tiny portion, I'm talking 3-5 people out of about 100 customers). They pay rate sucks for requiring a college degree. The products are a rip off, the condition of cars are horrible because management trainees are required to clean them and often have very little time to do so since the cars are being pulled from other locations. As a college graduate - get ready to use NONE of the things you learned in school, not one person here is professional or respectful. I was berated by a nasty woman at one of the central hertz locations for asking for a car to take back from training.
I've often heard that you aren't supposed to like your job, but this is pushing it. I'd rather be waterboarded than have to deal with working at this place. This list is not complete but believe everything negative you see on these reviews, they're all 100% true.

Advice to Management

I don't even know where to begin. You must have zero integrity to be able to read these reviews and not take action. I honestly hope your children don't ever have to perform a job like this. The only thing that I've learned about management on this job is that management in a company like yours is a farce. You should be ashamed.

reviews filtered by

Manager trainee in middletown, NJ

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Middletown, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Middletown, NJ

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-drive new cars everyday
    -there is a chance to move up but it will take years, most people wont stay that long

Cons

-long hours 7:30-6
    -horrible pay
    -no bonus or commission
    -horrible management all around
    -90% of customers will be unhappy for one reason or another
    -no work/life balance

DO NOT WORK HERE, SPEND THE TIME AND FIND ANOTHER JOB!!!!!!

Advice to Management

No idea

Absolutely the worst place to work if you have previous professional job experience.

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Don't have to spend all day in an office
    Meeting different people to network for a new job

Cons

shared fleet, busy locations get their cars taken away and are forced to scramble to get cars or cancel reservations
    terrible work atmosphere
    customers are incredibly rude
    the training is an ancient slideshow
    low pay
    customers can leave bad comments for no reason which effects the areas bonus
    have to rent cars that smell like marijuana

Advice to Management

hire some motivating managers, people that can teach and lead a team.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz