Hertz

www.hertz.com

I'd rather be waterboarded. Worst place ever.

Current Employee - "MANAGEMENT" Trainee  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - "MANAGEMENT" Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

A paycheck (albeit a tiny one) every week. I'm only writing this because I honestly can't think of ANYTHING ELSE.

Cons

Absolutely terrible work conditions. The ceiling in every hertz office building is literally falling apart, including in their corporate offices near major airports.
Everyone who works here hates it so the atmosphere is horrifiengly grim, especially when coupled with irate customers who insist that you bow to their every wish (except for a very tiny portion, I'm talking 3-5 people out of about 100 customers). They pay rate sucks for requiring a college degree. The products are a rip off, the condition of cars are horrible because management trainees are required to clean them and often have very little time to do so since the cars are being pulled from other locations. As a college graduate - get ready to use NONE of the things you learned in school, not one person here is professional or respectful. I was berated by a nasty woman at one of the central hertz locations for asking for a car to take back from training.
I've often heard that you aren't supposed to like your job, but this is pushing it. I'd rather be waterboarded than have to deal with working at this place. This list is not complete but believe everything negative you see on these reviews, they're all 100% true.

I don't even know where to begin. You must have zero integrity to be able to read these reviews and not take action. I honestly hope your children don't ever have to perform a job like this. The only thing that I've learned about management on this job is that management in a company like yours is a farce. You should be ashamed.