Hertz
3.2 of 5 1,302 reviews
www.hertz.com Naples, FL 5000+ Employees

I'd rather be waterboarded. Worst place ever.

"MANAGEMENT" Trainee (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Hertz full-time for less than a year

ProsA paycheck (albeit a tiny one) every week. I'm only writing this because I honestly can't think of ANYTHING ELSE.

ConsAbsolutely terrible work conditions. The ceiling in every hertz office building is literally falling apart, including in their corporate offices near major airports.
Everyone who works here hates it so the atmosphere is horrifiengly grim, especially when coupled with irate customers who insist that you bow to their every wish (except for a very tiny portion, I'm talking 3-5 people out of about 100 customers). They pay rate sucks for requiring a college degree. The products are a rip off, the condition of cars are horrible because management trainees are required to clean them and often have very little time to do so since the cars are being pulled from other locations. As a college graduate - get ready to use NONE of the things you learned in school, not one person here is professional or respectful. I was berated by a nasty woman at one of the central hertz locations for asking for a car to take back from training.
I've often heard that you aren't supposed to like your job, but this is pushing it. I'd rather be waterboarded than have to deal with working at this place. This list is not complete but believe everything negative you see on these reviews, they're all 100% true.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't even know where to begin. You must have zero integrity to be able to read these reviews and not take action. I honestly hope your children don't ever have to perform a job like this. The only thing that I've learned about management on this job is that management in a company like yours is a farce. You should be ashamed.

Manager trainee in middletown, NJ

Manager Trainee (Former Employee)
Middletown, NJ

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros: -drive new cars everyday -there is a chance to move up… Cons: -long hours 7:30-6 -horrible pay -no bonus or commission -horrible management all around -90% of customers will be unhappy… Advice to Senior Management: No idea No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Absolutely the worst place to work if you have previous professional job experience.

Manager Trainee (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros: Don't have to spend all day in an office Meeting different… Cons: shared fleet, busy locations get their cars taken away and are forced to scramble to get cars or cancel reservations terrible work atmosphere customers are incredibly rude the… Advice to Senior Management: hire some motivating managers, people that can teach and lead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hertz.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!

Hertz – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are In September of 1918, the pioneer of auto renting, Walter L. Jacobs, at the age of 22, opened a car-rental operation in Chicago. Starting with a dozen Model T Fords, which he repaired and repainted himself… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hertz reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hertz CEO Mark P. Frissora. All reviews posted anonymously by Hertz employees.