ok for what it was

I worked at Hertz

Pros

Company Car with gas; competitive-ish salary

Cons

Airport hours ...long and irregular New management; high turnover

Advice to Management

Train managers to mange and not babysit; be competitive with services offered

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. very rewarding career, good pension plan

Current Employee - Mechanic in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great pension plan, good benifits and vacation

Cons

low pay, older equipment, hour cutbacks during slow times

Experience has been like the reviews

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Hertz full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck every week. Get to drive around different cars. You can get good coworkers to work with.

Cons

Really really long hours, you're there very early morning until evening and maybe later if you get really busy by the end of the night. You get lots of overtime if you like working that, but it’s real easy to burn out, definitely no work life balance since you can be working 6 days a week. Low pay for someone with a college degree. People who can hustle will do well, selling is what they want and you can get some bonus money from it. Have to deal with angry customers because the system allows reservations to be booked even if there are no cars available and can’t get any from another location. Doesn't seem like you get promoted as fast as they pitch to you in the beginning, only if you're a very very good seller will they want to promote you, not necessarily for other qualities. Haven’t really gotten a whole lot of good training for learning the system, they only send you to training for customer service and sales, everything else your manager is supposed to go over with you (I think?) but really I’ve just been trying to learn as I go. Job is definitely not worth it, I wouldn’t take this job unless you really needed the money and even then I would still keep searching for something else. Long unrewarding days and hours. It’s a pretty good rental company, just don’t work for it.