Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Experience has been like the reviews

Current Employee - Management Trainee
Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Hertz full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck every week. Get to drive around different cars. You can get good coworkers to work with.

Cons

Really really long hours, you're there very early morning until evening and maybe later if you get really busy by the end of the night. You get lots of overtime if you like working that, but it’s real easy to burn out, definitely no work life balance since you can be working 6 days a week. Low pay for someone with a college degree. People who can hustle will do well, selling is what they want and you can get some bonus money from it. Have to deal with angry customers because the system allows reservations to be booked even if there are no cars available and can’t get any from another location. Doesn't seem like you get promoted as fast as they pitch to you in the beginning, only if you're a very very good seller will they want to promote you, not necessarily for other qualities. Haven’t really gotten a whole lot of good training for learning the system, they only send you to training for customer service and sales, everything else your manager is supposed to go over with you (I think?) but really I’ve just been trying to learn as I go. Job is definitely not worth it, I wouldn’t take this job unless you really needed the money and even then I would still keep searching for something else. Long unrewarding days and hours. It’s a pretty good rental company, just don’t work for it.

1870 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

ok for what it was

I worked at Hertz

Pros

Company Car with gas; competitive-ish salary

Cons

Airport hours ...long and irregular
    New management; high turnover

Train managers to mange and not babysit; be competitive with services offered

IF YOU HAVE SELF RESPECT THEN STAY AWAY...DISGUSTED FROM DAY 1

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary and Bonuses
    PTO
    Work/life Balance (eventually)

Cons

The least amount of support that I have ever received from management in a position. As a Branch Manager I was trained for 2 days (taught how to clean out cars) and put into a branch by myself. I had no idea how to run the computer systems, which I operated without for 3 months, I didn't even get signs put up on the building until 6 months after we opened while being expected to turn a profit. Didn't get a 2nd employee until 8 months on the job, worked 6 days a week by myself. Management support is a joke, you ask a question they dodge it or can't answer it themselves. Very frustrating coming from a position where I was respected and admired within the company. Constant ridicule from upper management because I was an "outside" hire. I was reminded of this every time we met. My immediate supervisor paid maybe 3 visits in the first year I was open. This position has disgusted me from day one.

Create a training program!!! There is nothing worse than trying to teach yourself how to do a very complicated job without the resources and support, especially as an outside hire.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz