Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

IF YOU HAVE SELF RESPECT THEN STAY AWAY...DISGUSTED FROM DAY 1

Current Employee - Branch Manager
Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary and Bonuses
PTO
Work/life Balance (eventually)

Cons

The least amount of support that I have ever received from management in a position. As a Branch Manager I was trained for 2 days (taught how to clean out cars) and put into a branch by myself. I had no idea how to run the computer systems, which I operated without for 3 months, I didn't even get signs put up on the building until 6 months after we opened while being expected to turn a profit. Didn't get a 2nd employee until 8 months on the job, worked 6 days a week by myself. Management support is a joke, you ask a question they dodge it or can't answer it themselves. Very frustrating coming from a position where I was respected and admired within the company. Constant ridicule from upper management because I was an "outside" hire. I was reminded of this every time we met. My immediate supervisor paid maybe 3 visits in the first year I was open. This position has disgusted me from day one.

Create a training program!!! There is nothing worse than trying to teach yourself how to do a very complicated job without the resources and support, especially as an outside hire.

1895 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Very positive evolution

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities to learn and enhance skills

Cons

Working domain can get too narrow, repetitive and somehow too usual after a few months of experience.

To motivate people is fundamental

I had many happy years here

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and great benefits in Canada. Lots of great people! You get to know a lot about different types of vehicles.

Cons

There are too many layers of management that do not communicate with each other effectively, so front line employees can get mixed information.

Improve communication between management levels and make sure correct information reaches your front line employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz