There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Great place to work

I worked at Hertz

Pros

The company culture was one of the most organize I've ever worked with.

Cons

The hours are long and you spend many hours on your feet.

reviews filtered by

Sell, sell, sell!

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Young co-workers; most straight out of college.
    -World-wide company; Internationally recognized
    -Ability to relocate easily
    -Many positions avaliable within the company in different departments and levels.

Cons

-Promotions are solely based on sales perfomance - it has nothing to do with your ability to lead and manage people.
    -Expectations and goals are unrealistic.
    -LONG hours. LOW pay.
    -Cleaning cars! Rain-sleet--heat-snow...it must get done! Customers need clean vehicles.
    -Unethical practices are what gets employees promoted. Extremely difficult to hit goals with selling and doing everything "by the book". Upper management looks the other way, because higher sales and more $$ for those individuals in turn brings in more $$ for them.
    -HIGH turnover rate.

Advice to Management

-Start promoting people who can lead, rather than sell!
    -Take care of your employees. They break their backs for you - at least pretend like you care!

Experience has been like the reviews

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Hertz full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck every week. Get to drive around different cars. You can get good coworkers to work with.

Cons

Really really long hours, you're there very early morning until evening and maybe later if you get really busy by the end of the night. You get lots of overtime if you like working that, but it’s real easy to burn out, definitely no work life balance since you can be working 6 days a week. Low pay for someone with a college degree. People who can hustle will do well, selling is what they want and you can get some bonus money from it. Have to deal with angry customers because the system allows reservations to be booked even if there are no cars available and can’t get any from another location. Doesn't seem like you get promoted as fast as they pitch to you in the beginning, only if you're a very very good seller will they want to promote you, not necessarily for other qualities. Haven’t really gotten a whole lot of good training for learning the system, they only send you to training for customer service and sales, everything else your manager is supposed to go over with you (I think?) but really I’ve just been trying to learn as I go. Job is definitely not worth it, I wouldn’t take this job unless you really needed the money and even then I would still keep searching for something else. Long unrewarding days and hours. It’s a pretty good rental company, just don’t work for it.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz