There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

When you've given your all to the company, you're gone.

Current Employee - Mgt Accounting in Park Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Mgt Accounting in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay check has not bounced...yet. One of the few companies that still has a company funded pension plan.

Cons

The 37.5 hour work week is history, be prepared to work 50 to 60 hours a week, with out overtime. I see the company is now sponsoring a car in NASCAR to feed MF's ego. I would only recommend working here if you were unemployed & your house was about to be forclosed.

Upper management has surrounded themselves with yes men. They liked to be stroked. They should listen to the people doing the actual work.

reviews filtered by

Only take if you can't get a job at the car wash

Former Employee - Location Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Location Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free car, and gas. New building, clean bathrooms!!!

Cons

You will work more than 40 hours week almost 55+ and up some weeks. Bonus.. what bonus it changes each year so much its just crazy. Never work at the Miami Airport!!! You have been warned. Any other airport non union is ok but never go to Miami. Also no pay increase ever! Union controls the managers.

No advice the turnover is so crazy whats the point to suggest something. In my brief time there saw 8 managers, 24 CSR, 2 Area Mangers, and heard the HR manager left.

Branch Manager trainee

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Driving around all the different car is pretty neat. That is about all this job has going for it.

Cons

I have read all the reviews and every single negative commit has happened to me personally. The pay system is a joke with a very bad punch-line. (That is your check) I graduated from college to get a job washing cars in a tie. They made it sound like in my interview that the only time that you would wash cars was if it was really busy, but instead they don't have a person to wash cars and expect all employees to do so. To hit your numbers you have to straight up lie to your customers about everything that you are selling. If you don't hit your numbers they will write you up so they have a paper trail to not pay unemployment claims. The numbers can be changed by upper management at any time so you dont know what you are aiming at.

Just care about you employees and your customers. Just becouse you can save a dollar does not mean that it is a good idea.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz