There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

When you've given your all to the company, you're gone.

Current Employee - Mgt Accounting in Park Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Mgt Accounting in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay check has not bounced...yet. One of the few companies that still has a company funded pension plan.

Cons

The 37.5 hour work week is history, be prepared to work 50 to 60 hours a week, with out overtime. I see the company is now sponsoring a car in NASCAR to feed MF's ego. I would only recommend working here if you were unemployed & your house was about to be forclosed.

Advice to Management

Upper management has surrounded themselves with yes men. They liked to be stroked. They should listen to the people doing the actual work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Manager Trainee

Current Employee - Manager Associate in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Manager Associate in Providence, RI

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

learn a lot about time management and organizational management. hands on experience. hard work but you learn a lot about yourself and how to run a business. the culture is awesome, we have a lot of after work get-togethers and fun weekend events (but this depends on your area and the personalities of your co-workers). Future employers really do look at all of the responsibilities we accomplish. If you are ambitious enough your career will flourish after this position.

Cons

long hours, more tasks and responsibilities than necessary. understaffed. it's a difficult job right out of college but if you have the drive, ambition, and integrity to be successful, you will get a lot out of this job.

Branch Manager trainee

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Driving around all the different car is pretty neat. That is about all this job has going for it.

Cons

I have read all the reviews and every single negative commit has happened to me personally. The pay system is a joke with a very bad punch-line. (That is your check) I graduated from college to get a job washing cars in a tie. They made it sound like in my interview that the only time that you would wash cars was if it was really busy, but instead they don't have a person to wash cars and expect all employees to do so. To hit your numbers you have to straight up lie to your customers about everything that you are selling. If you don't hit your numbers they will write you up so they have a paper trail to not pay unemployment claims. The numbers can be changed by upper management at any time so you dont know what you are aiming at.

Advice to Management

Just care about you employees and your customers. Just becouse you can save a dollar does not mean that it is a good idea.