Hertz

www.hertz.com

Overall a great place to start and advance a career.

Former Employee - Area Manager  in  Wilmington, NC
Former Employee - Area Manager in Wilmington, NC

Pros

A great benefit package for management which includes the use of company vehicles. If you are willing to work hard and are goal driven, rapid career advancement is available. Many opportunities to relocate world-wide.

Cons

When the economy get tough, they are very quick to reduce jobs (however, in all fairness - what company doesn't). Pay sometimes does not equal job performance.

Just don't forget the employees that give all they have to make locations and overall the company a success.

Other reviews for Hertz

Laid off within the year!

Former Employee - Accelerated Operations Leadership Program Or AMDP
    Former Employee - Accelerated Operations Leadership Program Or AMDP

Pros

Rotate through program and meet many people in different divisions. Also company car privleges (meaning you can take a different dirty car home every night). Salary is pretty good for car rental and you will be making much more than managers who have been there for 15+ years which is nice, but keep that quiet and read on!

Cons

The position is known both as the Accelerated Operations Leadership Program and Advanced Management Development Program and it has zero structure. As a participant I rotated through departments including customer service and operations at the airport, off-airport, and as support at the corporate office. Senior managers had really no idea what to do with me or any respect for my skills. I learned a lot by jumping in and doing. After almost reaching the one year mark I was laid off unexpectedly. HR made it very clear that it was simply a financial decision and not to take it personally. I was told that this training program was discretionary and my salary had to go. Overall I believe that I was a victim of having a relatively high salary for car rental and being in a training role. Now I feel like I did all that work for nothing and have a short term stain on my resume. Be aware that if you take this job a layoff could happen if there is a rough quarter or the region wants to trim a quick 65K off the books.

There is a lack of leadership potential in the pipeline at Hertz especially off-airport. I experienced that first hand. I could see how this program would help Hertz with a quick infusion of talent if it is supported.

unappreciated, ignorance

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee  in  Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee in Manassas, VA

Pros

Little to none, employee and family member discount for rental. That is about it.

Cons

Taking lots of hours from employees and make exhaust, there is no way to do something else after hours. always understaffed, does NOT care about employees and always care about the sales number.

Laying off employees would work when there are plenty of staffs available, but that's not the current Hertz.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!