Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Overall a great place to start and advance a career.

Former Employee - Area Manager in Wilmington, NC
Former Employee - Area Manager in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A great benefit package for management which includes the use of company vehicles. If you are willing to work hard and are goal driven, rapid career advancement is available. Many opportunities to relocate world-wide.

Cons

When the economy get tough, they are very quick to reduce jobs (however, in all fairness - what company doesn't). Pay sometimes does not equal job performance.

Just don't forget the employees that give all they have to make locations and overall the company a success.

1891 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Hertz-not exactly.

Current Employee - Vehicle Service Attendant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Vehicle Service Attendant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Union representation, decent benefits, seniority rights.

Cons

Berating by management, constant micro-management and reprimands in front of subordinates. Some of these managers do not belong in their positions. It seems that employees are being written up over petty matters. Company requires standard work policies which make it more difficult for employees to perform their jobs.

Get your priorities in order, treat employees with respect. Believe in lead-by-example.

Miserable

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can make it to manager, you get a company car with gas and insurance.

Cons

Never enough staff or cars for customers, you have to answer the phone with "we have cars" even when you don't which creates more stress, you have to market yourself to local body shops etc but how you do that being short staffed and selling yourself when you don't have any cars is another story, there are unreasonable goals given circumstances you work in, once people start achieving goals to make bonus ... They change the bonus structure and no bonus for you! Did I mention you have to clean the cars yourself? Some locations don't even have a garage. Have fun when it's below freezing! I could go on but I think I'll just leave it at this.

They won't take it. But if they did.. Help you stores find these cars that you make us tell people we have. Get out of your home office and actually do something. Better yet, just order more cars so the AM's can stay at home behind their computer sending nasty e-mails to those actually doing the dirty work. Every store needs a porter to make it run smoother. At least on the busy days.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz