Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Don't go there if you can't sell

I worked at Hertz

Pros

- benefits are decent
-driving around in a different cars

Cons

The only thing that makes me happy after two years with Hertz is I will be leaving soon. Can't stand it anymore. Wash cars in your professional clothes? no, thank you! Working from 7:30 until 6? no, thank you! Being pushy trying to sell stuff only to keep your job? Go find somebody else. The new employees who were hired 5-6 months ago already gone! They fired lots of people, good people, who knew their job just because they didn't meet their 'minimum sales standarts". Gross. I agree with every bad review below.
I have to say about bodyshops the emploees are working with. They will be discriminating you, they humiliate you! But even if you tell HR about your concerns all they say will be "this is the biggest account in the area, we have to provide great customer service to their clients" That's it. Done

1886 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Run for your life!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great team of co-workers, decent benefits, and great learning opportunities/training.

Cons

In my experience I saw upper management treat subordinates like slaves and workhorses, no work/life balance, upper management doesn't talk to you --more like at you. Expect to work really long hours and be thrown under the bus. They have a way to make you feel incompetent even though you've poured so much energy into your projects. The company is so huge it feels like there are too many cooks in the kitchen and things getting lost. Things move at a snails pace.

Treat your employees with respect. Create a healthy work/life balance. Better pay commensurate with performance and experience. If you do all three of these things you will see less turnover.

Hertz management treat workers very poorly.

Current Employee - Transporter in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Transporter in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Hertz part-time (more than a year)

Pros

no stress. easy to understand tasks.

Cons

Management send employees home with no compensation when they arrive for their scheduled shift or send them home early before their scheduled shift ends. They have little real concern for safety and take short cuts (not spending money on necessary safety supplies). They lie to people.

They should learn that treating people well will result in extra effort beyond job descriptions. Treating people poorly (including lying to them) results in unhappy people who do nothing except the minimum required.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz