Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Overtime made the job worth it

I worked at Hertz

Pros

The job is pretty easy and there was quite a bit of overtime available.

Cons

Low pay with little to no opportunity to make more more.
Sales and Service associate and Manager Trainee make the same amount, yet the latter asks for a degree.
Took away good bonus incentives.
Upper management refused to hire more people even though our branch was very under staffed.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Hertz is just Okay

I worked at Hertz

Pros

If your on the right team, working at heartz can be a good experince. The right team consists of people who wont through you under the bus.

Cons

Very Low Salaries. As a corporate recruiter we were instructed to try get people for as little as posible even under the expected rates.

Treat your employees with respect. I mean seriously, Don't Yell at them just because your a good ol' boy.

Laid off within the year!

Former Employee - Accelerated Operations Leadership Program Or AMDP
    Former Employee - Accelerated Operations Leadership Program Or AMDP

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Rotate through program and meet many people in different divisions. Also company car privleges (meaning you can take a different dirty car home every night). Salary is pretty good for car rental and you will be making much more than managers who have been there for 15+ years which is nice, but keep that quiet and read on!

Cons

The position is known both as the Accelerated Operations Leadership Program and Advanced Management Development Program and it has zero structure. As a participant I rotated through departments including customer service and operations at the airport, off-airport, and as support at the corporate office. Senior managers had really no idea what to do with me or any respect for my skills. I learned a lot by jumping in and doing. After almost reaching the one year mark I was laid off unexpectedly. HR made it very clear that it was simply a financial decision and not to take it personally. I was told that this training program was discretionary and my salary had to go. Overall I believe that I was a victim of having a relatively high salary for car rental and being in a training role. Now I feel like I did all that work for nothing and have a short term stain on my resume. Be aware that if you take this job a layoff could happen if there is a rough quarter or the region wants to trim a quick 65K off the books.

There is a lack of leadership potential in the pipeline at Hertz especially off-airport. I experienced that first hand. I could see how this program would help Hertz with a quick infusion of talent if it is supported.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz