Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee

Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee
Current Employee - Branch Manager Trainee

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good health insurance. Lots of overtime

Cons

Lots of hours. low paying. Upper management does not want to do anything and put all their work off on lower employees.

Pay better and do your own work.

1661 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Good for a couple of years out of college.....

Former Employee - Location Manager
    Former Employee - Location Manager

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Get to meet and know some really great business customers from all over the world at Airport locations.
    -Great opportunity to network with these customers...I'm serious...These folks you rent to are usually in great positions (upper management, VP's, etc..) to get you into a great job....I was offered several referrals in pharma sales, IBM, FedEx, etc....Hertz really has some top notch business customers that can skyrocket you to a better career/life.
    -Best co-workers you could imagine. I made some friends for life here......

Cons

Where do I start....
    -Hertz is in the top 5 worst companies to work for on Glassdoor for a reason.
    -Bizarre upper management that doesn't seem to have any sense of respect for employees and strives to pay bottom dollar at all costs.
    -Long hours, nights, weekends, holidays....Read the other posts on here...I don't care if you're at an Airport, HLE, whatever, you're going to be putting in 12 hour days for 30k for years and turn into a vampire.
    -The car and gas aren't worth it. After 60 hours you won't want to road trip in your Fusion....Please.
    -Raise the pay and ditch the fleet car if you want...I don't know any LM that wouldn't trade that car for a better salary. I own my own car that I like anyway.
    -This career field is really geared for someone right out of college to gain some experience and move on to a real B2B sales or management job. I'd suggest doing this for a couple of years as a resume builder right out of school and moving on. If you try to hang around for a career here, you'll be disappointed and miss out on some good opportunities. Parlay your experience and contacts you make here into something better!

-You get what you pay for....
    -Raise the salary for your LM's or the revolving door will continue.
    -The economy is improving and you're about to lose a lot of people if the weird upper mgmt. vs everybody else culture and low pay don't change.
    -Why does Avis start their Airport Operations Mgr Trainees at close to 40k and we pay 12/hr for LM Trainees??
    -Quit changing the bonus.
    -How can you live with being one of the 5 Worst Companies in America to work for?? People are posting these reviews for a reason....Wake up and treat your people better. You're an embarrassment. Our customer's have even commented on this!

Lots of upside, reward for hard work

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Careers available, training focus, good 401/pension.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult. Politics can be a bit tough to manage.

Less short term decisions; more long term, core strategy and execution.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!