Great Company

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very stable company to work for with lots of opportunity to move up or around in the company. Hertz is very innovative with technology to create many modern conveniences for our customers. Happy customers = more work for us, which is a good thing!

Cons

I only have good things to say about Hertz.

Advice to Management

Micro manager's habits will decrease employee morale and productivity. I used to report to a micro manager years ago, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. However, I've moved up through the company over the years and feel so grateful to have supportive bosses since then. I love it when my supervisor trusts that I work hard without having to overlook my shoulders constantly. It is truly helpful and goes a long ways when supervisors take time and effort to build talent, encourage improvement where necessary, and show respect to create a positive work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Hertz

1. My job is different every single day - and like any great relationship it gets better over time!

Current Employee - Director in Uxbridge, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The brand, the people: great minds, great ideas across all continents; fantastic access to a host of resources

Cons

as in any large company: daily lessons in diplomacy and politics - which is not such a bad thing

Advice to Management

It is interesting how enterpreneurial one is encouraged to be - sink or swim?

2. Change is Positive as Hertz Evolves and Reshapes !

Current Employee - Director in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Director in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Hertz is evolving and going through serious change at the moment which is all for the good of the business, stakeholders and employees. * Great investment and focus on training and employee development * Perform well and you will be rewarded and there are career opportunities for further growth * Investing in product diversity, growth and recognition of unique international markets

Cons

* Change is not always easy for some employees to manage and cope with but Hertz cannot remain idle during this transition and growth period * Low threshold for poor peformers - but that is a positive change in my mind !

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the evolution and reinvention of Hertz - I love it, thrive on it and it makes the role a great challenge!