There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Great Company With A Hugely Promising And Exciting Future Ahead

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated colleagues - hard working, determined and loyal.

Huge encouragement to increase personal development through training. Has a massive database of freely available training modules.

Hertz has values and shows in times of crisis - Hurricane Sandy, Ash Cloud (2010) - we didn't use this as an opportunity to profit from which I am proud to say so.

Business has a great future and is investing in technology to offer greater flexibility for customers to rent at a time to suit them.

Work hard and you will be rewarded. Many colleagues I work with have service levels of many years - it can't be too bad!

Cons

Decision making process sometimes slow. Not uncommon with large corporations but should be addressed to streamline improvement or change.

reviews filtered by
  1. Opportunity Galore

Current Employee - Operations Manager in New Jersey (Trinidad and Tobago)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in New Jersey (Trinidad and Tobago)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of opportunity within the organization. The company is expanding in all markets while continuing to be extremely innovative. As a Manager in operations you receive a free car and free gas anywhere in the United States.

Cons

Starting pay is low, but within my years at Hertz I have tripled my salary from my initial position.

Stay consistent with all initiatives.

2. Progressive mobility solution provider who listens and acts upon customer needs

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

* Progressive - never afraid to change
    * Open minded - no idea is a bad idea, infact we reward people for succesful new ideas
    * Great people - to deliver change and great customer experiences, you need great people. That's what we've got!

Cons

* We like change a bit too much!
    * Remember - we rent cars - it's not rocket science - sometimes we can "over engineer" processes in the pursuit of perfection - let's keep it simple
    * Company car scheme - being "asset light" does not always mean "employer of choice"

* Keep listening and acting upon customer and employee feedback
    * Stop restructuring and let the business focus on deliverying a great service to customers
    * Take a longer view on decisions

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz