Hertz

www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Hard Work results in good rewards

Current Employee - Senior Director in Park Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Director in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hertz is a great career choice if you are a hard worker and not a complainer. You can always find something to complain about in a large company, and too many people here are still negative about the hard charging CEO. He demands performance and is brutal on the issue. Why would you want to work at a place where the CEO did not drive his people to their highest potential to get the best results for the company? On the other hand if you’re looking to work at a place with a mediocre management team that does not care if you and your fellow workers perform, this is not the place for you. Slackers don’t last; poor performance is finely being rewarded by being shown the exit door - and I for one am very happy about it! The people who are here now and working hard are rewarded well, there is huge potential over the next few years to do very well financially. Stock performance is doing great, and the company provides an excellent employee purchase option to buy stock at a discount. A great perk for many levels of management (including entry level in operations) is a company car - as a new college grad where can you go to work and get a new company car with gas and insurance paid for??

Cons

Like most large organizations, too bureaucratic. Some outstanding people are overlooked for promotion. Perhaps due to political favoritism, or they are viewed as too valuable in their current roll to move on.

Your doing a good job, keep doing what you are doing.

1886 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Everything I wanted from a career

Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The are many great things about working for hertz. The most attractive especially in the off airport market is the ability to move up as quick as you want. Everything is performances based so if you put in the effort you see the rewards through bonuses and promotions. In addition to that you get to work in an environment in which you actually have a voice. Senior leadership is really interested in our ideas in making our company the best at everything. Plus the people you work with are amazing

Cons

I'm extremely happy at Hertz.

Continue to invest in your people just as you are today

Comfy place to be

Former Employee - Project Manager in Park Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Park Ridge, NJ

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

work/life balance, nice people, well-known brand

Cons

intense, hierarchical, silos, hard to find move within company

be more friendly