Hertz

Car Rental Hertz

Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Applications Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

You've been here for many years and hope that you can survive until the next senior management team is in place. You hope there is something left after they are done making their millions.

Cons

Threat of sudden layoff. Poor senior management team from outside the rental car business. Change for the sake of change, and not because it is the right change. No clear short-term or long-term plan or strategy. Conflicting activities.

The management team is nothing without the employees. Stop creating elitism at the management level and increasing the divide between management and employees. Commit to the company and not just getting millions before you move on to the next one. Embrace the Hertz values that seem to have been forgotten by everyone in senior management.

1895 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

None

Current Employee - Paralegal in Park Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Park Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

The commute is short. Overall the people in my department are very nice. Overall the people in the building are genuinly nice. The building itself is beautiful. Hertz provides a gym for its employees as well. Hours are 8:15 to 4:30 so you miss rush hour traffic.

Cons

There have been way too many layoffs at Hertz. Shorter supply of people gives you a greater work demand. There have been so many rounds of layoffs and it is so hard to find a job with the way the economy has been lately. People have families they need to provide for and then...BOOM another round of layoffs another person without a job.

I really feel that people need their jobs and they have cut out way too many people. It is affecting all areas especially the Rent A Car locations. It will be very hard to keep up with customer satisfaction when people are racking their brains out trying to get their job done. One person is doing 5 jobs now.

Only as a last resort out of college

Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Hertz

Pros

If you are right out of college, and can't find your perfect job, this may be a good place to start. At the least, you'll have "Manager" on your resume when you leave, if you can stand to stay that long. You will be a trainee for about a year, then you will be promoted with better commission. The next promotion after that will have slightly better commission, but you'll still be making $12/hr IF you live in an expensive city. AVOID unless absolutely necessary.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, working Saturdays and holidays.

Pay us more! We work 10 hours a day plus Saturdays in a shirt and tie. Most of us do a good job, but you'd rather hang yourself than give someone a raise.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz