Hertz

www.hertz.com
  www.hertz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Was once a nice place to work

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

My team and the people. Some of the people I met are life-long friends. Working at Hertz was a great stepping stone for me in my career (until Frisorra took over).

Cons

When Frisorra took over as CEO the entire work experience changed. I worked at the data center in OKC for all most 10 years and the last year and a half drove me to find another job. I was in constant fear of "layoffs" and survived the first one. Luckily I was underpaid and did my job so I was safe. Its a same to see a place like the datacenter go from 600+ employees to 175-200.

Frisorra outsourced lots of iT to India. Thanks for sending 300-400 OKC jobs overseas. What a bonehead.

To upper management at Park Ridge NJ: get your head checked.

1803 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Good for a couple of years out of college.....

Former Employee - Location Manager
    Former Employee - Location Manager

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Get to meet and know some really great business customers from all over the world at Airport locations.
    -Great opportunity to network with these customers...I'm serious...These folks you rent to are usually in great positions (upper management, VP's, etc..) to get you into a great job....I was offered several referrals in pharma sales, IBM, FedEx, etc....Hertz really has some top notch business customers that can skyrocket you to a better career/life.
    -Best co-workers you could imagine. I made some friends for life here......

Cons

Where do I start....
    -Hertz is in the top 5 worst companies to work for on Glassdoor for a reason.
    -Bizarre upper management that doesn't seem to have any sense of respect for employees and strives to pay bottom dollar at all costs.
    -Long hours, nights, weekends, holidays....Read the other posts on here...I don't care if you're at an Airport, HLE, whatever, you're going to be putting in 12 hour days for 30k for years and turn into a vampire.
    -The car and gas aren't worth it. After 60 hours you won't want to road trip in your Fusion....Please.
    -Raise the pay and ditch the fleet car if you want...I don't know any LM that wouldn't trade that car for a better salary. I own my own car that I like anyway.
    -This career field is really geared for someone right out of college to gain some experience and move on to a real B2B sales or management job. I'd suggest doing this for a couple of years as a resume builder right out of school and moving on. If you try to hang around for a career here, you'll be disappointed and miss out on some good opportunities. Parlay your experience and contacts you make here into something better!

-You get what you pay for....
    -Raise the salary for your LM's or the revolving door will continue.
    -The economy is improving and you're about to lose a lot of people if the weird upper mgmt. vs everybody else culture and low pay don't change.
    -Why does Avis start their Airport Operations Mgr Trainees at close to 40k and we pay 12/hr for LM Trainees??
    -Quit changing the bonus.
    -How can you live with being one of the 5 Worst Companies in America to work for?? People are posting these reviews for a reason....Wake up and treat your people better. You're an embarrassment. Our customer's have even commented on this!

Overworked, underpaid and under-educated.

Current Employee - Location Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Location Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Car privileges and a nice bonus if you truly luck out. Gas is paid for. Health benefits are provided but expensive.

Cons

Always understaffed, base pay is low, long hours, comp plan is convoluted and structure is ALWAYS changing to save payouts.

Stop getting your managers to manipulate these surveys. Take care of your employees. Stop letting the good ones walk and firing the other good ones. Revisit compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz