There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

upbeat work environment, great opportunites for advancements

Current Employee - Manager in Carolina, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Carolina, NC

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

opportunites for advancements, pay & bonus structure, nationwide company providing relocation opportunites, freedom to manage your "own" business (each location is individually managed by different management levels resulting in a feeling of ownership and individuality)

Cons

many different aspects of the business - extensive knowledge-base can prove challenging, undefined hours

Advice to Management

job role requirements can vary quite a bit-perhaps more defined positions, internal changes can be difficult to keep up wth

reviews filtered by

Must Love Cars

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You are paid weekly. Also, you learn a bit on how to run business (if you are at a local edition). You get to drive brand new cars. Very easy job if you don't mind selling which is only as complicated as you make it. If you can drive and fake a smile to crazy customers, then your in. Cleaning cars is all that bad, you get used to it and it becomes a zen-like experience. Wax on,Wax off.

Cons

Ok..They say $40,000 compensation in the phone interview and quickly cut that down by 65% when you are given the offer. That was my first red flag.Customers! You can't hide from them-they are in your face front and center. For example, they will say that they want a discount;they will complain that the car that you have just personally cleaned smells stinky;they fight you and cuss you; they will just be what customers are-annoying. Also, there are not enough hours in the day to get all the things that you need to get completed by close..you will stay later, you will have to arrive early and do extra things to make the business run-like cleaning cars. It can be overwhelming, especially in NYC where the customer line is out the door. You must be careful with those brand new cars as well!!

Advice to Management

None. Thank you for the experience.

2. Hertz is a very good employer

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has been very supportive of me and my career. I have continued to have great mentors, who help me improve and succeed. The company continues to make great efforts to communicate its strategy with all parts of the organization, provides us with education and skills to continually improve our processes and the quality of our services to our customers. We are laser focused on employee and customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.

Cons

Nothing negative at this time, but I would say that the company should never stop having a very long-term approach to our business strategy and try to avoid the knee-jerk reactions that Wall Street sometimes expects.

Advice to Management

Keep staying focused on the long term health and strength of the company

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz