Lots of Growth and Employee Initiatives

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has more initiatives directed at the employee that ever before.
Lots of new initiatives to improve the customer experience.
Fun working atmosphere
Lots of company growth initiatives

Cons

Industry is very much dictated by the economy
Still dealing with a poor reputation as an employer in OKC

Advice to Management

Though a lot has been done in OKC to improve Hertz's image as an employer, more needs to be done to change that image.

reviews filtered by

Worked too hard

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Bedford Hills, NY
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Bedford Hills, NY

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts are amazing for employees

Cons

Company needs to improve HLE location conditions, need to show more appreciation to employees

Demeaning job requiring a bachelor degree

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to drive different cars. Employees were nice.

Cons

Hours are long and terrible. No time for social life. Customers are rude and always trying to get a better rate. I was never trained properly. The manager just told me to learn on the fly. I have never worked a job where I would have to learn the POS on the fly. You are completing $4-$500 transactions and that does not make sense to me. I was there 30 days and still Did not know how to do rentals. Training was terrible. Because I didn't have employee numbers yet for the first week all I did was wash cars. For $10 and a required bachelor degree I was washing cars in a shirt and tie on a daily basis. After I got my numbers I was still washing cars and doing customer pickups with customers smelling like marijuana. I was also sent to a bad area driving a $40,000 SUV to pickup a customer who also smelled like marijuana. This is not a good college job. Trust me. Unless you are the branch manager no holidays off. If you work at the airport they are open all holidays and weekends. The retail locations are usually closed on Sundays. I've seen management lie to insured customers not renting them vehicles they want cause hertz will receive a better retail gain if rented the vehicle to someone off the street rather an insured person needed a rental through their insurance. I'm sorry but this company pays poor and demeans your degree by having you do manual labor all day on top of selling insurance and customer satisfaction. You will normally be alone for your shifts also unless working at a big location. These other 5 star reviews are lies, 90% of the employees that were around stated as long as something better comes along they are leaving. The Manager Trainee position is a joke. You are no manager. Enjoy cleaning cars, Manual labor and customer satisfaction. Most employees stated that it was just a job. Not much loyalty but to keep weekly sales up or increasing. Sorry to burst your bubble but I should have listened to the negative reviews. I figured they were just a bunch of disgruntled employees, which I was wrong. I made a mistake accepting this job offer. Beware. Nothing really fun about this job. I am not a disgruntled employee, but just stating the truth. I was so happy to leave this job. Oh and as a manager trainee you receive 10% of branch managers bonus when goals are exceeded. Last I checked someone got an $20 bonus on a check lol. Really!! That's your incentive for selling thousands of dollars for the company lol. What a joke.

Advice to Management

Train properly.