There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Get back what you put in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Your Hertz destiny is in your hands. I have been left alone to run my own business but with the support of my Management team. My efforts have been rewarded and through my results I have begun the climb up the corporate ladder.
If you like a face pace and thrive under pressure, you'll enjoy your time with a fortune 500 global company.

Cons

Be prepared to move around the country if you want to move up.

1716 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Current status

Current Employee - Area Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to acheive reward and recognition based on the hard work you put in.
    The ability to coach and give employees the chance to learn in order to succeed.
    Great sense of team camaraderie.
    The ability to determine your "paycheck" based on strong sales results and growth.
    It's exciting to be a part of a company that is constantly innovating and changing to lead the industry.

Cons

There needs to be a more consistent and acheivable bonus plan.
    There is a lack of partnership between operations and the sales team.

I am happy with the way the company is constantly improving and innovating. While we are getting better at it, I think that consistency in rewarding top performing employees is key to keeping a positive and energetic culture.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of growth in the marketplace means a lot of opportunity. I took advantage of a great opportunity and became a manager in less than 6 months. Great support structure and coaching from the top down. Many forms of incentives including company car as manager.

Cons

Like any large corporation things can move slow. At times get annoyed with logging information. Almost need a log just for all of the logs.

Continue to keep an ear to the ground level. Seek simplicity and effeciency so more effort is utilized at the counters with customers and in the development of personel within local branches.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz