Hertz

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

I have been employed for 4 years

Current Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunity based on performance and not just how long you have been in your current position

Cons

Finding the right people to go above and beyond to make the company number one choice

Continue to change to keep up with the newer technology world

1871 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work for if you're looking for a career and not just a wekly paycheck

Current Employee - Area Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hertz really invests time to get you promoted. If you don't move up in this company, it's no one's fault but your own

Cons

none that I haven't been able to overcome with the training Hertz has provided me

Keep moving in the direction you are. Employees that have been here for a while see that we are moving in the right direction and know that we are a stronger company than we were years ago.

Manager trainee was just the beginning!

Current Employee - Area Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Rapid advancement based on success not seniority. Hertz spends tons of money on employee development and company goals are aligned around promoting from within. I started as a manager trainee and in just over four years have been promoted to area manager running several branches. I knew nothing about sales and management before working for Hertz but with the training I was provided I have accomplished much more than I could have imagined when I first applied for the job.

Cons

Cleaning cars wore out several pairs of dress shoes. I quickly learned to buy the cheap, comfortable and reasonably good looking brands rather than the more expensive kinds.

Focus groups and Fast Track classes have been very successful at all levels. The ones done in my old area got MTs through the HMI quickly. The one conducted at the western region office was very popular and helped my former assistant manager get promoted to branch manager. The group of branch managers the went to the corporate HQ has seen several promotions to area manager. This formula works and should be used consistently in my opinion.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz