Hertz
3.2 of 5 1,312 reviews
www.hertz.com Naples, FL 5000+ Employees

Brutal.

Location Manager I (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than a year

ProsFree Gas, Car Insurance & driving around a new car!

ConsAs a location manager, you are more of a salaried shift leader than an actual manager. You catch all the hell from the unhappy customers, run around supporting/working like a slave while the hourly employees are rewarded with uncapped bonuses and the same vacation benefits as you! There's nothing more depressing than finding out the people you are supposed to 'manage' make more than you while working half the amount of time!

With corporate limiting staffing to the bear minimum, location managers are forced to work 11-12 hour shifts (x5) in order to keep things afloat. During busy season location managers are forced to work along side all of their hourly employees for majority of their shifts (renting/cleaning cars/parking cars etc.) rather than actually managing. Often times managers are forced to come in on their off days to compete their managerial duties and paperwork since their is little time during their actual work week to do so.

**Also like to note that while managers step up in place of hour employees, they do not receive any bonus compensation for revenue they bring in, while the counter sales reps get anywhere between 2-10% of revenue they bring in (once they hit a low sales goal). But when your sales numbers aren't very high, you are harassed just like the counter sales reps***

Corporate uses the Free Car/Gas/Insurance Perk as justification for lousy salary and embarrassing quarterly bonuses. Its a great perk but considering all the stress & hell location managers have to deal with on a daily basis, after a while it wasn't worth it! (Around the 6 month mark I was ready to jump ship)

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate management better- Area Managers & Location Managers! You keep expecting more and more out of your locations while shrinking our staff (especially after the Dollar Thrifty merger), shrinking our quarterly bonus and keeping salary the same...

I expected more.

Manager Trainee (Former Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros: New cars... lots of over time! YAY! … Cons: Long hours, sometimes with minimal support. Low pay. Unrealistic sales expectations and high pressures sales- "just explain the charges at the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep your promise, don't squander your good labor because? No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management Trainee for entry level college grads

Management Trainee (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros: Entry level experience great for college grads gain professional experience to carry… Cons: Long hours...50+ hours weekly No work/life balance No time for social life Customers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hertz.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!

Hertz – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are In September of 1918, the pioneer of auto renting, Walter L. Jacobs, at the age of 22, opened a car-rental operation in Chicago. Starting with a dozen Model T Fords, which he repaired and repainted himself… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hertz reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hertz CEO Mark P. Frissora. All reviews posted anonymously by Hertz employees.