There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Control your Destiny!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for this company on the Local Edition side for close to four years, and I can't really complain. You are rewarded for hard work and compensated as such. The business is set up for rapid growth, and if you can contribute positively, you will grow rapidly as well! During my career with the company, I've been able to grow from a trainee position to a management position.

Cons

If you are unwilling to put the work in, you will be sorely disappointed. It really comes down to you!

Upper management has always shown a commitment to progressing the company through technological means and otherwise. Keep up the great work!

1724 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Hertz has no integrity or respect.

Former Employee - Manager In Training
    Former Employee - Manager In Training

I worked at Hertz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only few pros I can think of about the job was that you get to meet lots of people and drive different types of cars.

Cons

There was a lot of lying that took place during the time I was there. If a customer came in that had a reservation and we didn't have a car for them they would lie and tell them the car we were going to rent to them was returned with body damage and couldn't be rented. If a car was needed in a pinch and all that was available were cars with oil change holds on them they would delete the hold on the computer without ever getting the oil change done and send that customer out in a car that needed maintenance. I was sent to a branch location that had no AC and it got into the 90s in there and no working toilet. There are many other things I could go on about too. On the mission statement Hertz values integrity and respect. I saw none of that!

My advice to Mark Frissora is that he needs to go on Undercover Boss and see that the company is going away from its mission and values.

UNETHICAL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Global organization. Depending on your role, you may have the opportunity to work with global teams.

Cons

ALERT*** Over the past few months, Hertz executives have been dmeanding that managers write positive reviews on GlassDoor to increase their "scores". They also demand that managers "influence" their employees to write positive reviews. As a manager myself, I am extremely uncomfortable following this initiative as I believe it is unethical. I am not comfortable asking my staff to dilute a reputible and resourceful information site. On a weekly basis, I receive emails and sit on calls from upper management stressing the importance of writting positive reviews.

This practice is extremely unethical and down right sneaky. I know our Executive Leadership team's bonus' are tied to employee survey scores and CEO approval ratings. Instead of altering the responses, I suggest you start to create a honest culture of trust.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz